Losing Connection to MSFS2020 after recent update

falseidentity80

Losing Connection to MSFS2020 after recent update

Post by falseidentity80 »

I have been using TrackIR for sometime now with zero issues, however after the latest MSFS2020 update (game of the year) I'm having an issue with TrackIR. if my sensor (TrackIR Pro) goes out of the field of view of the camera (Take headset off to get up or adjust seating position) the TrackIR no longer works and I have to restart MSFS2020. The camera still has two green lights and when I go into the TrackIR software its running fine, it just loses connection with MSFS and wont reestablish with out restarting MSFS. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest TrackIR software, I have tried multiple USB ports on my machine.

any help would be fantastic.
falseidentity80

Re: Losing Connection to MSFS2020 after recent update

just to add some more details after I investigated further... when my TrackIR goes out of the camera field of view the "TrackIR" setting in the camera options in MSFS turns off.. all i have to do is turn it back on and it works without restarting MSFS. still have no idea why it would turn TrackIR off in game. any help would be appreciated.
GAYMO

Post by GAYMO »

falseidentity80
This problem is affecting me too and like you only after the recent upgrade. It took me sometime to work out that the headtracking froze only when the tracking device - trackclip or Pro - lost contact with the camera, even if just for a second. Like you I tried everything but your genius is recognising that MSFS actually turns off TrackIR. I can now fly again with only a little inconvenience, so thank you for that. What we need to do is to flag this bug to Asobo so they can fix it quickly.
falseidentity80

Glad I can help. It was driving me crazy and I had to restart so many flights until I found the toggle switch.
Vike99

Post by Vike99 »

Same thing happens with me, and only since the latest Game of the Year MSFS update. Very frustrating.

I did send a support request to TrackIR a few days ago but got nothing back.

How do you even send a ticket to Asobo?
GAYMO

Post by GAYMO »

To report bugs you have to use Zendesk using this link

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/ ... quests/new

There should be a Submit a request box with a drop down menu arrow. The first option is 'I want to report a bug orsmall glitch that DOESN'T prevent me from playing' Then you have to jump through lots of hoops and proved detailed information about your set up and system. I gave up. Perhaps you will do better.
Good luck
Davids

Post by Davids »

falseidentity80 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:08 am I have been using TrackIR for sometime now with zero issues, however after the latest MSFS2020 update (game of the year) I'm having an issue with TrackIR. if my sensor (TrackIR Pro) goes out of the field of view of the camera (Take headset off to get up or adjust seating position) the TrackIR no longer works and I have to restart MSFS2020. The camera still has two green lights and when I go into the TrackIR software its running fine, it just loses connection with MSFS and wont reestablish with out restarting MSFS. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest TrackIR software, I have tried multiple USB ports on my machine.

any help would be fantastic.
Have you checked for any specific compatibility patches or updates for TrackIR related to this game version? Sometimes, a quick check on their forums or support page might offer some insights.
Last edited by Davids on Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.