TrackIR keeps disconnecting/connecting in Windows 10.

slaintemaith

TrackIR keeps disconnecting/connecting in Windows 10.

Post by slaintemaith »

It's.
Maddening.
It was working fine for a couple years.
Now it connects and disconnects and connects and disconnects and connects and disconnects and connects and disconnects and connects and disconnects and connects and disconnects and connects and disconnects and connects and disconnects and connects and disconnects and connects and disconnects and connects and disconnects and connects and disconnects and connects and disconnects and connects and disconnects and connects and disconnects and connects and disconnects and connects and disconnects and connects and disconnects and connects and disconnects and connects and disconnects and connects and disconnects and connects and disconnects and connects and disconnects and connects and disconnects and connects and disconnects and connects and disconnects and connects and disconnects and connects and disconnects and connects and disconnects and connects and disconnects and connects and disconnects and connects and disconnects and connects and disconnects and connects and disconnects and connects and disconnects and connects and disconnects and connects and disconnects and connects and disconnects and connects and disconnects and connects and disconnects and connects and disconnects and connects and disconnects and connects and disconnects and connects and disconnects and connects and disconnects and connects and disconnects and then I get ragey and unplug it.

I'm about to smash it with a sledgehammer.

Please help.
gozzling

Re: TrackIR keeps disconnecting/connecting in Windows 10.

Post by gozzling »

I just had something similar happen to mine yesterday. I was playing DCS and all of the sudden it started doing that. Now I can plug it in with the TrackIR app open and after about 5 minutes, it will disconnect. I noticed that the device gets "hot" too. I have a ticket open to potentially get it replaced (assuming that is covered under the 1 year warranty) which actually would expire TODAY. By the time I submitted my request yesterday they were "closed" so I'm hoping I can still get a RMA since I submitted the request yesterday. Anyways...it's a bummer because I would HATE to have to buy another one, which I would almost have to do since I personally can't play games like DCS without it.
slaintemaith

Post by slaintemaith »

Nevermind. I took a sledgehammer to it.
Never buying one again, either.
Neil Abrew

Post by Neil Abrew »

There are plenty of threads on this recent issue. It appears that a Windows 10 update removes the TrackIR drivers entirely. A simple uninstall and reinstall of the TIR software should fix it!
Neil Abrew
Brand Manger
OptiTrack | TrackIR
Traindriverguy

Post by Traindriverguy »

Neil Abrew wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:51 am There are plenty of threads on this recent issue. It appears that a Windows 10 update removes the TrackIR drivers entirely. A simple uninstall and reinstall of the TIR software should fix it!
Mine has just started doing this randomly. Tried reinstalling the TrackIR software to no avail.
In the USB viewer it has an error “No Pipes Open”.
otis

Post by otis »

Since updating to 1.19.9.0 I have suddenly started having issues with TrackIR disconnecting from the sim approx 75% of the time.
among us
freddavid

Post by freddavid »

Within 5 minutes of being plugged in with the TrackIR app running, it will automatically shut off.
drift hunters
[url=https://drift-hunters.io]drift hunters[/url]
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello otis,

It looks like the 1.19.9.0 update was released in September 2021. Are you running SU7? If so, have you installed the patch for SU7? There was a bug introduced with SU7 that caused MSFS to not work correctly with TrackIR. A patch was released to resolve the issue: https://flight.fandom.com/wiki/Microsof ... )_Update_1. Note that the released notes for this patch state: "TrackIR support has been fixed."

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello freddavid,

Does this happen regardless of which USB port you are connected to? Have you tried connecting the TrackIR to a different computer to see if it stays on? Do you have a lot of peripherals connected to your computer, and have you verified that you have enough power to run them all?

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative