TrackIR Still doing Business?

Deuce8812

TrackIR Still doing Business?

Post by Deuce8812 »

I wonder if Trackir is actually still doing business... their social media posts haven't been updated since March of this year from what I can tell, can't get anyone to answer tech support nor sales numbers, and looks like from this, folks aren't getting their ordered product(s) shipped... anyone having any success with recent ordering, purchases being shipped, tech support?

I'd like to potentially purchase additional product and was just about to recommend this product to others but have paused both as I'm fearful that there is no product nor product support anymore... let me know differently if you've had recent successful experience...

Thanks... love the product and hope it and the company itself are still available and will be around for years to come... not looking good from what I see though...
Neil Abrew

Re: TrackIR Still doing Business?

Post by Neil Abrew »

Hi Deuce8812,

Thanks for your support! You can rest assured that we are alive and well, and will be for many years to come 8-)

We make each TrackIR and TrackClip Pro by hand at our Corvallis, Oregon HQ. Facing unprecedented demand over the last two years (thank you to our amazing customers for this), our order queue has been consistently beyond our level of production. When you place an order for a TrackIR, it is not yet built, tested, and boxed by our highly-trained and passionate staff.

Certain online retailers have spoiled everyone to expect their item to ship within hours of clicking 'buy.' The TrackIR online checkout process reminds buyers that there can be up to a 10 business day wait for theirs to be built. My guess is that people simply aren't reading the page, so we recently added an extra step to the checkout process that requires confirmation that they have read the terms and agree to them.

The TIR team is small, but mighty. All efforts are currently going into production and improving the core framework of the website. There are some great updates coming to the latter that we're excited to share soon, and our social media accounts will be fired up when that time comes!
Neil Abrew
Brand Manger
OptiTrack | TrackIR
JohnMason655

Post by JohnMason655 »

Deuce8812 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:27 pm I wonder if Trackir is actually still doing business... their social media posts haven't been updated since March of this year from what I can tell, can't get anyone to answer tech support nor sales numbers, and looks like from this, folks aren't getting their ordered product(s) shipped... anyone having any success with recent ordering, purchases being shipped, tech support?

I'd like to potentially purchase additional product and was just about to recommend this product to others but have paused both as I'm fearful that there is no product nor product support anymore... let me know differently if you've had recent successful experience...

Thanks... love the product and hope it and the company itself are still available and will be around for years to come... not looking good from what I see though...
I just received my TrackIR 5 w/TrackClip Pro. I ordered it November 21, 2021, it was fulfilled November 29, 2021, and I received it today, December 7, 2021. I ordered directly from NaturalPoint.
KarenCornish

Post by KarenCornish »

I haven't personally ordered anything from them recently, but I understand how frustrating it can be when you can't get any response from customer support or see updates on social media. It's definitely important to have confidence in a company before recommending their products. Hopefully, someone else in the community can share their recent experience with Trackir to give us a clearer picture.
blitz4

Post by blitz4 »

KarenCornish wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:02 am I haven't personally ordered anything from them recently, but I understand how frustrating it can be when you can't get any response from customer support or see updates on social media. It's definitely important to have confidence in a company before recommending their products. Hopefully, someone else in the community can share their recent experience with Trackir to give us a clearer picture.
Most people that use TrackIR don't come to these forums. The mods approve every post & thread and may take a long time. The interface is presented as a forum where you post and read your thread, similar to IM, but it's even slower than sending real physical letters.

I hope Conway's Law isn't causing them trouble. For example hiring someone to create software and their job is done and people don't quickly understand what they made. That's one example.

I still think it's old tech. You can clip a flimsy wired thing to headphones or wear a hat. I'm wearing glasses, why can't I get some reflectors on the frame of my glasses? Or the entire frame itself..

Point is, they need money and cheap ideas. This forum, being controlled by admin, is stupid as it is essentially Conway's Law if someone is discussing ideas to improve the company. There should be two forums, admin monitored and free to talk. If you can't approve a post in 5 minutes, then you should re-think your monitoring system if automation is the solution or if you should be monitoring all posts at all. I guarantee the choice to monitor these forums hurt sales.

TrackIR sits atop of this trash pile, meaning very little support for TrackIR in games, and that trash will soon turn into gold. TrackIR should be de facto thing people buy.

You have the choice between VR or Triple Monitor or Track IR when you get a flight sim game.

VR isn't ready yet. Nvidia's site says dual 4K @ 90fps. I disagree and say dual 8K @ 90fps based on how close the screens are to your eyes, 4K that close wouldn't provide the visual fidelity found in current monitors. No matter, I can't name any games that are breaking ground visually that even can hit a single monitor 4K @ 90fps. That'll change soon. :) But we're still waiting on tech for 8K in a tiny monitor.

Triple Monitor is not just a lot of work for the devs in hiring those that know what their doing and handling bandwidth issues, plus it's a large investment for the user, last study I seen show 30% of gamers have dual monitors, from 2010.

TrackIR is what should be used in all FPS and OTS games, flight sim, not flight sim, period. Here: "FreeLook" in various FPS games. These games, they all should support TrackIR if they don't already. FPS on PC typically played with one analog input, the mouse, you require shift states to use more than one.

Think about a console. Consoles aren't ready for VR and people don't have Triple huge TV's in their living room. It should be created for every console. I wonder why Microsoft's Kinect isn't doing this already. Doing that also opens up mobile gaming to whoever is able to use a camera for this.

I wonder how many gamers have glasses? Do you know as of 2022, more adults are gamers than children?

Then there's cloud gaming. This is the solution to the lack of a system capable to run 4K @ 90fps. Right now for example you can get GeForce Now if it's in your area and have a PC running roughly a 5600x and a 4080 for $20/month. If you do the math, that's $480 for the 4080 generation vs buying it new at $1150. That's just the video card, how many don't have a CPU 5600x capable of beating a 5600x? Over 95% of gamers per Steam Hardware Survey. It's how games are going to be played in the near future. Adults have a much louder voice than children. They can vote.
[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aku3rA7Im78&t=694s]If one wants to truly own, one must own in all things.[/url]
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by steven.andrews »

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We genuinely appreciate the time and effort you took to write out these detailed suggestions and concerns.

Our forum moderation is a bit slow, and we understand the frustration that may cause. However, the process has been put in place primarily to prevent spam and maintain the quality of discussions. We are always striving to improve our systems and your feedback is valuable in this regard.

Your ideas and concerns about the current TrackIR technology have been noted. We are in the midst of revitalizing the technology internally, and hope to provide some new updates in the near future. We believe that these improvements will better serve our user base and hopefully address some of the issues you've raised.

Thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to more of your valuable insights.

Best,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
Sr. Director, Support Engineering
help.naturalpoint.com
kninja248

Post by kninja248 »

I’m not so sure, anyone tried getting the software for the device lately? Server says can’t connect to that website for both naturalpoint.com and trackir.com. I am trying to find the software to run my new device elsewhere but can’t, so going to try and return it.
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello kninja248,

It's possible there was an outage over the weekend, but the website is working normally right now. You can download the software here: https://www.trackir.com/downloads/.

Kind regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative