Unknown USB Device (Code 43)

ReiterOnTheStorm

Unknown USB Device (Code 43)

Post by ReiterOnTheStorm »

Hello,
Device stopped working during gameplay and has yet to work again. The IR still gets hot when plugged in, but from
>Devices and Printers "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)"
Device Status: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

Attempted Solutions: 
-I checked and confirmed the npusbio_x64 driver is in the correct location.
-Uninstall/Re-install 
-Tried other USB ports on mine and on diff Computers
-Shutoff take out Batt for a while

My Specs:
-Dell Precision Laptop, Windows 8.1
-Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4800MQ
-64-bit, -RAM: 8GB

Please let me know if I can Provide any other information and/or my next steps in getting back in the air ASAP!

Thank you. 
HopingForReplacement

Re: Unknown USB Device (Code 43)

Post by HopingForReplacement »

Were you able to get any help from Natural Point support? My Track IR 5 has the same problem after only one week of use. Windows says it does not recognize the USB device, and the Device Manager says "Device Descriptor Request Failed". I have tried plugging the device into a different computer, and it is also not recognized there.

As soon as the failure occurred, I noticed the device was surprisingly warm, although I'm not sure if it had always been that warm.
mlawson1217

Re: Unknown USB Device (Code 43)

Post by mlawson1217 »

Have you gotten a response or a solve for the problem? I just bought a brand new TrackIR5 (old one had same problem and I thought it was the hardware), and am now getting this issue after a few days of normal use. Any help would be VERY appreciated by the support team.