TRACK IR overheating and stopped working

Bl00D-LESS.

TRACK IR overheating and stopped working

Post by Bl00D-LESS. »

Hey guys! :)

So, I was flying around in DCS with my squadron when all of a sudden my Track IR wasn't centered for some reason. This has happened before...no problem. I then unplugged my Track IR, plugged it in again an it just doesn't work anymore ever since. The device itself even got fairly warm when i touched it. I have had it for 13 months now and never had any issues with it ever. My PC won't even detect the Track IR device. Has anyone here had a similar issue or the exact same issue?

Best regards
seligrus

Re: TRACK IR overheating and stopped working

Post by seligrus »

Sorry, I tried to PM, it would not let me. Did you ever figure it out? My TrackIR just stopped working today after working fine for years.

Thanks
RS
fknighton

Post by fknighton »

Mine died today again. This one only lasted a couple of months. I'm so disappointed. :( :( :(
Jokerworld

Post by Jokerworld »

Mine died yesterday as well when i was playing DCS, the lights are out and keep heating up when i connect it to PC even it doesn't have any sign shows it's working.
Rabbah

Post by Rabbah »

Mine failed a few minutes ago ,while playing DCS, and was quite warm to the touch. Has no one gotten a response from NP?
mlawson1217

Post by mlawson1217 »

Same here similar issue. I just got this TrackIR5 system 4 days ago... My old one broke and now the replacement is seemingly dead too. Unrecognized USB on the Device Manager as well (Code 43).
Quicksand

Post by Quicksand »

Mine quit last night in the middle of a DCS mission. I’ve only had this tracker for 3 weeks, quite unacceptable! It stopped tracking, I looked up at the camera, and the two status LEDs were red, then no status LEDs. I reached up to see if I could readjust it, and it was extremely warm to the touch.

Prior to purchasing, I did a little homework since it’s a fairly pricey addition. Did read some negative reviews regarding overheating issues when used with the IR pro headset.

Natural Point, what are you doing to resolve this issue? I will look for alternatives if you don’t make this right! I can promise I will not continue spending 220 euro for something that can’t withstand a couple hours of gaming a night. What really sucks is that these are not just readily available over here, they have to be ordered, and now I am unable to play DCS until I receive a replacement. :oops: :oops:
autoskip

Post by autoskip »

Please explain how can I fix this issue?
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello autoskip,

If you believe your TrackIR has overheated, please unplug it and let it cool down completely (possibly overnight). When it is cool, reconnect the TrackIR directly to your computer, bypassing any USB hubs. If possible, connect it to a USB 2.0 port. Check in Device Manager to see if the TrackIR is being detected by your computer.

We offer a 1 year warranty on our TrackIR units. If you have purchased your unit within the last year, please contact us using the Help form on our website: https://www.trackir.com/help. Make sure to include the serial number of your unit in your message to us.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative
victoriaemmy

Post by victoriaemmy »

I seem to have an overheating issue with my Track IR 5?
Last edited by jillian.smythe on Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Hidden spam link removed