Jittering and shaking on axis when looking to the right

nickangel14

Jittering and shaking on axis when looking to the right

Post by nickangel14 »

Just picked up Track IR and I use the pro clip. Its centered and oriented so the three dots ae in the middle and the green dots never turn red. However, when I use it in game and on the display screen, it starts jittering when I look to my right. My room is dimly lit, light filtering is set at its highest setting, and IR brightness is 15. Up and down motion is fine, but when I look right in game (MFS) and on the display screen, it starts jerking from left to right rapidly without head movement. I have used two different profiles tuned to my liking but it doesnt change anything.
Teslatic

Re: Jittering and shaking on axis when looking to the right

Post by Teslatic »

I have the same exact problem. Recent TrackIR 5 purchase... trying the Pro Clip (wireless version with the battery). Camera appears to be tracking it fine. Jitters like mad if I rotate too far to the right.
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Jittering and shaking on axis when looking to the right

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello Teslatic,

Can you verify what is happening on the screen if you switch your view to Camera View in TrackIR and then turn your head to the right? What may be happening is that if you turn your head too far, one or more LEDs are out of view of the camera. At this point, the dots in Camera View will turn red because all three are not detected, and the tracking will stop or glitch.

Do you have the same issue if you use the TrackClip instead of the your Pro Clip? Please note that your wireless Pro Clip is not the same as our TrackClip Pro. We do not make a wireless or battery powered version of the TrackClip Pro.

If you are still having trouble, please contact us through the form on our website so we can assist you more efficiently: https://www.trackir.com/help/#contact.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative