TrackIR Software breaks Menus

PocketWookie

TrackIR Software breaks Menus

Post by PocketWookie »

Hello,

I've recently got a new computer, new windows 10 install, everything installed fresh. Now when I launch the TrackIR software 5.4.2, at first it's fine, however after about 1 minute it starts having a lot of issues.
  • Right click doesn't do anything anymore.
  • I can't change any settings in the camera or Titles tab; it plays notification sounds whatever you click here.
  • The three buttons in the top right don't work, nor does the help button or main one with the logo in the top left.
  • I can't fold in or out the basic or advanced settings menus
I can still change all the settings under "Basic Settings" as well as the whole profiles tab under advanced settings.
The shortcuts for pause, recenter still work.

When attempting to close I get an error message from trackir:

TrackIR 5.0
Attempted an unsupported operation.

after which the program shuts down. Notably the tracking never stops working, also all these problems still happen without the camera plugged in.

In my main game War thunder I lose the ability to click on menu buttons, the buttons still become active on hover, and animate when I click but nothing happens. After closing TrackIR these issues resolve immediately.

Things I've tried:
completely reinstall trackir+drivers according to instructions here: https://forums.naturalpoint.com/viewtopic.php?t=19470
Repair TrackIR
completely reinstall War Thunder
boot in safe mode
switch usb port
unplug camera
unplug Joystick/Throttle
switch monitor port

Any help would be much appreciated.

[Update 22-10-23]
I ended up upgrading to Windows 11 last week, and this problem was resolved for me.
Last edited by PocketWookie on Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cinurwe

Re: TrackIR Software breaks Menus

Post by Cinurwe »

I've been having the exact same issue for the last several months and it wasn't until tonight I realized it only happens when Track IR is running. Would love to get this figured out. It only became an issue after the Winged Lions update in December 2021, however this may have also been around the time I switched from Windows 10 to Windows 11. The only way to navigate the menus is to hover your mouse over whatever you want to click on and press spacebar. Pressing Left & right click at the same time also works. I've tried every fix you've attempted, as well as uninstalling all mouse and USB drivers from Device Manager. Still no luck.

I find it can affect other games as well when running in the background, even unsupported games. For instance, mouse scroll skips every other menu option when playing Cyberpunk 2077. Once I close Track IR, everything goes back to normal.
opepa

Post by opepa »

I also play WarThunder and keep having the same problem. It used to work fine, but the problem started after I did a clean install of Windows 10 on March 25 of this year.
And, I cannot assign Joystick buttons to hotkeys.
However, when I tried using TrackIR on two other PCs today, both were able to assign the buttons correctly and play WarThunder without any problems.
I don't understand what could cause Track IR to cause such an effect on the game on this PC, I wish Naturalpoint could reproduce this problem and fix it, but that seems unlikely.
Perhaps a clean install of Windows will solve this problem, but I would like an easier solution.
lorde

Post by lorde »

I've had the same error since I upgraded to Windows 10 and can't fix it
wordle
TJRFYno1

Post by TJRFYno1 »

I have encountered exactly the same problem and have not yet found a solution. :( :(

I hope to find a solution.
Cinurwe

Post by Cinurwe »

I found my issue occurred after I upgraded from Windows 10 to 11, but I didn't do a clean install. I noticed some people here saying they got the issue after upgraded to Windows 10. I managed to resolve the issue by doing a clean install of Windows 11 and haven't had issues since. Seems like a drastic measure to take, but it was worth it in the end.
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

For all who are having this issue, would you please verify what resolution your computer and your simulator are running at? Does the problem only occur with War Thunder, or does it happen with other games or simulators as well? If you change from full screen mode to windowed mode, do the menus respond normally? If so, try putting it back to full screen mode and checking the menus again.
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative
TJRFYno1

Post by TJRFYno1 »

jillian.smythe wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:14 am For all who are having this issue, would you please verify what resolution your computer and your simulator are running at? Does the problem only occur with War Thunder, or does it happen with other games or simulators as well? If you change from full screen mode to windowed mode, do the menus respond normally? If so, try putting it back to full screen mode and checking the menus again.
Whether I start any game or not, problems of trackir software will occur. So I think the cause of the problem should lie in the software itself and the computer OS.
I tested several other games besides Warthunder. In these games, the mouse and key operations are not affected.
opepa

Post by opepa »

jillian.smythe wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:14 am For all who are having this issue, would you please verify what resolution your computer and your simulator are running at? Does the problem only occur with War Thunder, or does it happen with other games or simulators as well? If you change from full screen mode to windowed mode, do the menus respond normally? If so, try putting it back to full screen mode and checking the menus again.
I am glad that Support Representatives are aware of this issue.
I run my PC and games at 2560*1440 resolution. And WarThunder is running borderless. And the menus are still unclickable when I change to full screen or windowed mode.It could also happen with any game, as the control issue also occurs with Cyberpunk 2077.

I have taken a video of this issue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ak_DXy ... nnel=opepa
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Opepa,

Thank you for providing that video. The issue with the joystick is likely due to a USB conflict. This can happen when multiple peripherals are connected to the same internal USB hub. Can you try connecting your joystick to a different USB port on a different USB hub? If that doesn't help, please try moving your TrackIR to a different USB port. If you are using an external USB hub, please make sure your TrackIR is connected directly to the computer.

Let me know if this helps.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative