TrackIR 5 software no longer detecting Joystick Buttons

Rallye

TrackIR 5 software no longer detecting Joystick Buttons

Post by Rallye »

Hello! New here first post. Owned my trackir 5 for a few years now and had no issues at all. I recently moved and hadn't gotten around to using it until last night. I went to set the center hotkey to my joystick button 5 and it no longer detects the button press. I can only assign keyboard keys which I really don't want to use. Any ideas on how to fix this? I did some google searches but didn't find much and most was very outdated. Thanks!
fknighton

Re: TrackIR 5 software no longer detecting Joystick Buttons

Post by fknighton »

Same thing is happening to me. I have no idea why this is happening all of a sudden. This is annoying.
mhostetter

Post by mhostetter »

Same here. Support would be really appreciated... Mapping buttons to center/reset on a XBOX controller works only when the TrackIR window is open and active (top window). Clicking to another application, desktop, or MSFS results in TrackIR no longer detecting and/or acting on the mapped button presses. Basically makes TrackIR unusable...
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

There have not been any recent updates to the TrackIR software, so if the problem started suddenly, then it is likely due to other hardware or software receiving updates. You may want to check to see what has recently been updated to help identify the source of the problem. I also suggest that you verify that your TrackIR and your joystick are on different internal USB hubs as sometimes that can cause a conflict.
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative
dwellaccept

Post by dwellaccept »

fknighton wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:38 pm Same thing is happening to me. I have no idea why this is happening all of a sudden. This is annoying. cuphead
Have you update newest version?