TrackIR 5 window won't start

Swiso

TrackIR 5 window won't start

Post by Swiso »

Hello,
I have a problem.
Today I started my PC and then I I saw that the TrackIR 5 program didn't started.
Started the program but nothing happen.
Both led on the device are off, but if I check on Devices manager of my PC (Windows 10) I see both the "Naturalpoint Devices" and "TrackIR 5" voices are there.
If I disconnect the TrackIR 5 from the USB port on my PC I can hear the sound of the system signalling this, so I presume the USB connection work
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the TrackIR software, nothing changed.
I deleted the Settings.xml, restarted the program but apart from recreating the file, nothing changed.

One question...the fact that both led of the device are off, indicate that it is broken ?

Thanks for any help.
bobelayer

Re: TrackIR 5 window won't start

Post by bobelayer »

I am having the exact same problem and I cannot find a solution anywhere. Worked fine then boom, will not start.
wheatdog5

Post by wheatdog5 »

I also had the same problem and could not figure out why trackir 5 would not start. Decided to do a system restore going back two weeks and trackir opens and run like it usually does. Just recently upgraded my system with a new RTX 3090 and decided to reinstall the lastest GeForce driver (Ver: 516.59 Release date 06/28/2022) due to performing a system restore. After doing the Express Installation I discovered that the trackir 5 would not start again. Rolled back to the previous Geforce Game Driver and trackir is back to working. Believe the Geforce driver was the problem. Hope this helps
Swiso

Post by Swiso »

Exactly the same for me.
From one day to the next it stopped working...
Let see if they can help.
J5_Daedallus

Post by J5_Daedallus »

I have exactly the same problem

I updated my geforce nvidia graphics card just before this happened
Swiso

Post by Swiso »

reverted back to previous NVIDIA driver (516.40) and now it work again !!
So happy !!
actrade1

Post by actrade1 »

Come on NP, get your act together! Had the same issue and had to roll back drivers. Shouldn't take DAYS after the initial reports to fix this!!!!
otis

Post by otis »

A few days ago TrackIR crashed when I was centering the view.framed Since then the program won't launch anymore.
superedan

Post by superedan »

If you're one of them, be sure to look over the methods below to resolve the specific problem. Let's get started now without wasting any more time.
SniperPod

Post by SniperPod »

Hi guys, this happened to me too yesterday. All of a sudden my track-ir 5 stopped working. Once the software is open, I can only make it work for a few seconds by making movements with my TrackClip, then it stops and the green LEDs go out. Started again the software does the same thing. I proceeded to uninstall by cleaning the Windows 10 registry and I still did not solve the problem. The only recent update is the drivers for my Nvidia 3080 ti video card. Some advice?