TrackIR will not start, crashes on startup.

cmdrr

Re: TrackIR will not start, crashes on startup.

Post by cmdrr »

In my case it works again if I delete %appdata%\Natural Point in every execution. Of course, you lose any personalization.

My rig is a W11 with a RTX3080Ti running latest studio drivers (516.94)
Linden

Post by Linden »

I'm also experiencing problems with TrackIR 5 on Windows 11 Pro. I hadn't launched it for a couple of months, and now it shows up in the Task Manager for a second then disappears. Deleting the appdata folder doesn't solve it for me. I tried everything above, but the only thing that worked was rolling back the Nvidia drivers to June's 516.40. This isn't going to be a lasting solution though. If there's any specific info about my pc that I can provide, please let me know. TrackIR is the best tracker I've used and so I hope this can be solved soon!
actrade1

Post by actrade1 »

Going on 2 months with this issue now. NP appears to have thrown their hands up as they can't replicate it and originally, asked us all to contact Nvidia for a fix. My question is this: if you can't replicate on a machine, with all of the desktop sharing applications, why not work with someone who does have the issue? You could then see the error occur in real time and look at what's causing it? Very poor customer service if you ask me as using 2 month old Nvidia drivers is NOT a solution.
-=Quetzalcoatl=-

Post by -=Quetzalcoatl=- »

Another confirmation that rolling back to Nvidia's 516.40 restored trackir functionality.

In my case, it would launch, and then stutter; seemingly loosing connection with the IR camera over and over. The trackIR app would always launch, didn't crash, but was unusable.
Neil Abrew

Post by Neil Abrew »

-=Quetzalcoatl=- wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:04 am Another confirmation that rolling back to Nvidia's 516.40 restored trackir functionality.

In my case, it would launch, and then stutter; seemingly loosing connection with the IR camera over and over. The trackIR app would always launch, didn't crash, but was unusable.
Glad that you got it working. Thanks for your troubleshooting!
Neil Abrew
Brand Manger
OptiTrack | TrackIR
macedk

Post by macedk »

On win10home, asus 1080 card and driver 516,94 no issues.
Linden

Post by Linden »

Doesn't sound like it's working to me :(
Linden

Post by Linden »

Today I updated to the latest Nvidia Studio driver, 517.40, and TrackIR works again. I'd be curious to know if anyone else gets it working with this driver or if it's a coincidence.
docpadds

Post by docpadds »

Linden wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:02 pm Today I updated to the latest Nvidia Studio driver, 517.40, and TrackIR works again. I'd be curious to know if anyone else gets it working with this driver or if it's a coincidence.
Unfortunately I did this and boom, no more TrackIR..... I get to use the latest driver for the graphics card or I get TrackIR, not both, very sad situation really and means its time to move on elsewhere.
CoffeePot

Post by CoffeePot »

Linden wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:02 pm Today I updated to the latest Nvidia Studio driver, 517.40, and TrackIR works again. I'd be curious to know if anyone else gets it working with this driver or if it's a coincidence.
Just updated my drivers today and I am having the same issue that you had. The program pops up in the task manager for a second and then disappears. I'm lost on what to do at this point.