When will NP fix driver issue with latest Geforce drivers?

actrade1

When will NP fix driver issue with latest Geforce drivers?

Post by actrade1 »

I've filed a support request and posted here on the forums about the latest Nvidia driver not being compatible with TIR 5 (doesn't start). Others have posted the same. So far, no one from NP has responded so I have no idea if they're aware of the issue or working on a fix. ATM, I had to roll my drivers back to the prior Nvidia version. Will anyone from NP let us know when the issue is resolved or at least that you're working on it? Thanks.
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: When will NP fix driver issue with latest Geforce drivers?

Post by steven.andrews »

Hi actrade1,

I do not see a record of your email address in our system. Could you please try emailing trackirsupport@naturalpoint.com and CC support@naturalpoint.com so we can get you a response from that team?

Thanks,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Director, Support Engineering
help.naturalpoint.com
actrade1

Post by actrade1 »

Did what you asked. Zero response thus far.
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by steven.andrews »

Hi actrade1,

Thanks for keeping us updated here.

I double-checked with the TIR support team, and they indicated two responses were sent from two different agents. Could you please check your spam filters in case some messages from the ticketing system are ending up there?

Both agents seem to have indicated your information about the driver issue would be passed along. From the latest response, it sounded as though a driver roll back for your NVIDIA card may have fixed the issue. If that is not the case, please feel free to follow-up with TIR support if you can find their replies.

Cheers,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Director, Support Engineering
help.naturalpoint.com
wiki.optitrack.com
support@optitrack.com
actrade1

Post by actrade1 »

Nothing in spam folder. Rolling back is a temporary fix. I don't want to have to use outdated Nvidia drivers for too long because it causes issues with other programs.
anthony.lazzaro
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by anthony.lazzaro »

Hey actrade1,

It looks like I just responded to you in a couple other forum posts as well. We can't work on fixing the issue until we can reproduce the issue, so if you could give us some more information to work from, then it would help move us along towards patching the problem. I duplicated what I sent in the other post below for completeness. Let me know if you can provide us more information!

---

Sorry to hear about your bad experience giving feedback. We tried to reproduce the crash with NVDIA Graphic Driver v516.59 (Release Date 06/28/2022). However, after trying over six different graphics cards we are still unable to reproduce the issue. Do you have any more information you could share with us? (For example, a picture of your TrackIR, serial number, information about your graphics card, when exactly does the program crash, Windows version, are you using a TrackClip or TrackClip Pro, etc?)

Graphics cards we tested with...
RTX 3060
RTX 2080
RTX 2070
GTX 1060
A4000
A2000
kowen

Post by kowen »

Same issue here. 3080TI card.

TrackIR will not start. Did the VC++ installs and all that.

Similar errors as posted.

Trying not to have to roll back drivers, but wanted to report a similar issue.
kowen

Post by kowen »

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 8/2/2022 7:57:56 AM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: DESKTOP-VS3VGQO
Description:
Faulting application name: TrackIR5.exe, version: 5.4.2.27545, time stamp: 0x570588ce
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1806, time stamp: 0x39cccd9d
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x000e6fe3
Faulting process id: 0x1290
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8a6803f31d883
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\TrackIR5\TrackIR5.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 554f737a-497e-445b-b858-01b51c7c9eff
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2022-08-02T14:57:56.2125073Z" />
<EventRecordID>2081</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>DESKTOP-VS3VGQO</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>TrackIR5.exe</Data>
<Data>5.4.2.27545</Data>
<Data>570588ce</Data>
<Data>ntdll.dll</Data>
<Data>10.0.19041.1806</Data>
<Data>39cccd9d</Data>
<Data>c0000374</Data>
<Data>000e6fe3</Data>
<Data>1290</Data>
<Data>01d8a6803f31d883</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\TrackIR5\TrackIR5.exe</Data>
<Data>C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll</Data>
<Data>554f737a-497e-445b-b858-01b51c7c9eff</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>
heinzpilot

Post by heinzpilot »

actrade1 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:56 am I've filed a support request and posted here on the forums about the latest Nvidia driver not being compatible with TIR 5 (doesn't start). Others have posted the same. So far, no one from NP has responded so I have no idea if they're aware of the issue or working on a fix. ATM, I had to roll my drivers back to the prior Nvidia version. Will anyone from NP let us know when the issue is resolved or at least that you're working on it? Thanks.
I'm having the same issue. I'm running the latest Nvidia drivers 516.59 and now my TrackIR software no longer starts. The task manager under details shows "Suspend" and then the trach IR version 5.4.2 won't start. Crashes.

I did a COMPLETE uninstall of the TrackIR software, folders, %Appdata% folder, and registry entries, with no luck. The software no longer runs. I am running Windows 11 Pro.

Hope this gets fixed!
anthony.lazzaro
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by anthony.lazzaro »

Hey All,

We still haven't been able to reproduce the issue on our end after trying about fifteen computers with a variety of configurations. If you have any more details that would help us reproduce the issue, the please let us know.

We have a couple ideas on some things we can try that might resolve the issue. It might take us a while to have an update here, so please be patient in the mean time. However, please know that we are looking into the issue currently.

Solutions Today
For now it sounds like some users have resolved the issue by updating their C++ redistributables
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=40784

Another fix is just to use a previous NVDIA driver version (i.e. don't use v516.59 released on June 28th).

Cheers,
Anthony