Trackir 5 Lights are going Red while flying DCS

CAG0001

Trackir 5 Lights are going Red while flying DCS

Post by CAG0001 »

My Trackir 5 Lights are going Red on both sides while flying DCS/// Its freezing the screen and also before this hits it loses its vertical axis. I am in a darkened room with only the monitors lit up and nothing behind me. I am using the powered light clip on my headset and it worked fine for the first 2 weeks after installation and now its constantly failing. Also doesn't seem to want to find my saved profiles any more
Quicksand

Re: Trackir 5 Lights are going Red while flying DCS

Post by Quicksand »

Three weeks of usage here, observed same red status indicators after losing tracking capability during DCS flight. The indicators wnet out, and then I attempted to reposition the camera only to discover that it was extremely warm to the touch. My TrackIR5 Pro will no longer power up, and the software will no longer "detect the device".

If you receive an answer from NP, will you please post on here? I beleive there are many unsatisfied customers out there who would love to know what NP is doing to remedy this hardware design flaw. I don't care if the thing stretches from one side of my monitor to the other in order to actively cool it, as long as the 200+ euro device lasts longer than three weeks!

Best wishes, hope you are provided a response.

Cheers