Natural Point - IR5 Pro Design Flaw?

Quicksand

Natural Point - IR5 Pro Design Flaw?

Post by Quicksand »

I purchased a TRACK IR 5 Pro from your German distributor (2connect) on the 24th. Last evening while playing DCS, it stopped tracking head movement, the two indicators on the camera turned red, then it appeared to shut off. I reached up to see if the camera needed readjusting, and the camera was extremely warm to the touch.

I unplugged the camera, allowed several minutes for it to cool down, rebooted all systems twice, and the Track IR software no longer can detect the device.

Even with moderate (2-3 hours daily) gameplay, I would expect far more from a device that cost me 220 euros - this is unacceptable.

I have read other reviews with people experiencing similar issues, overheating. What are the next steps for replacement? I would be willing to find a suitable alternative versus spending 220 euros every three weeks - again, unacceptable.

These are hard to find here, and have to be ordered - this means ZERO DCS gameplay until replaced by either the vendor, the manufacturer, or I find the suitable alternative.

I hope that this issue is being resolved - my guess is that your inbox is filling up with similar complaints. Please fix the design flaw, and make this right for your customers experiencing this shortfall with your hardware.

Standing by for you to make this right, look forward to hearing your reply soonest.