This is how poor NP customer service is

actrade1

This is how poor NP customer service is

Post by actrade1 »

So, since the Nvidia update of 6/28/22, my Track IR 5 quit working. Software won't boot up. If I roll back to the prior Nvidia update, everything is fine. I contacted NP to let them know on July 1st and this is the response I got today. "From what you have described, it sounds like you may have recently updated your NVIDAI graphics card and the latest drivers are causing a crash to desktop. Because this started with an Nvidia update, we encourage you to report the issue to Nvidia."

Check the forums out here...others have the same issue. Instead of saying "we are going to find out why OUR software isn't working with the most popular video drivers in the world", they're basically saying I'm on my own and it's my job to get Nvidia to figure out way Track IR 5 isn't working with their drivers. The fact that it took 3 weeks for you to tell me what I ALREADY TOLD YOU, THAT IT WAS THE NVIDIA DRIVER UPDATE THAT CAUSED THE ISSUE is freaking unbelievable.
anthony.lazzaro
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: This is how poor NP customer service is

Post by anthony.lazzaro »

Hey actrade1,

Sorry to hear about your bad experience giving feedback. We tried to reproduce the crash with NVDIA Graphic Driver v516.59 (Release Date 06/28/2022). However, after trying over six different graphics cards we are still unable to reproduce the issue. Do you have any more information you could share with us? (For example, a picture of your TrackIR, serial number, information about your graphics card, when exactly does the program crash, Windows version, are you using a TrackClip or TrackClip Pro, etc?)

Graphics cards we tested with...
RTX 3060
RTX 2080
RTX 2070
GTX 1060
A4000
A2000