Track IR Fixed...sort of anyway!

actrade1

Track IR Fixed...sort of anyway!

Post by actrade1 »

I have been unable to update my Nvidia drivers past the .40 build as it crashed my TIR5. The recent Nvidia studio driver dated 9/20/22 does work, but be careful as you must uninstall TIR5, then install the drivers, then install TIR5 again, otherwise it doesn't work. Hopefully a fix for the gameready drivers will come soon from Nvidia as I'm pretty sure NP is incapable of finding the issue.
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Track IR Fixed...sort of anyway!

Post by jillian.smythe »

Some select customers have reported that NVDIA drivers (v516.59) released on 06/28/2022 caused a crash in TrackIR on startup. Not all but most of those same customers have reported that TrackIR no longer crashes with the NVDIA drivers (v517.48) released on 09/27/2022 . If you are experiencing a crash with TrackIR on startup and you have an NVDIA graphics card, then we recommend updating to the latest driver. For some customers downgrading the a driver before (v516.59) has also worked.

If you are still experiencing the TrackIR startup crash after updating your drivers, then please contact us through support for further assistance.

Best of luck,
TrackIR Team
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative