Track IR 5 Red Lights & Freezes

wfadams

Track IR 5 Red Lights & Freezes

Post by wfadams »

When I go to start flying in DCS my Track IR 5 will freeze and 2 red lights on the sensor appear. This happens all the time, can someone help me??????
paddler

Re: Track IR 5 Red Lights & Freezes

Post by paddler »

This happens to me in MSFS 2020 as well.
paddler

Post by paddler »

This happens to me in MSFS 2020 as well.
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello wfadams,

Please check what hotkey is currently set for the Pause feature in the TrackIR software. By default, it is F9. You may want to try changing it to a different key to see if that prevents this problem. If the problem persists, please let us know, either here or by emailing trackirsupport@naturalpoint.com.
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative
2tree73

Post by 2tree73 »

When I press F9 to pause the tracking and leave it for more than 5 or so minutes it will freeze my MSFS2020 simulator. Also, if I set the headset down and it turns to the far right or left and stays there for more than a couple of minutes it will freeze the simulator. It just started doing this about a month ago. Any ideas as to why this is happening?
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello 2tree73,

I am wondering if your computer is set up to turn off USB ports to save power? If so, then it can cause the TrackIR to go to sleep and lose connection with the MSFS software. Try the following steps:

Right click on the start menu and select Device Manager.
Locate Universal Serial Bus controllers.
For each item in this list with the word “hub” in its name, double click on the item and go to the Power Management tab.
Uncheck the option “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” and press OK.
Repeat for all USB hub devices.
Restart the computer.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative