Mouse Pointer Continuously Scrolling Up

MadclikerX

Mouse Pointer Continuously Scrolling Up

Post by MadclikerX »

I'm on Windows Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044
Brand new PC. I have been using this new PC for 2 weeks now without any issues. I decided to install my old TrackIR5 Pro to use with DCS and Starcitizen. After installing my old TracIR5 Pro with the newest drivers 5.4.2, I'm now experiencing the mouse cursor scrolling up continuously. This happens at seemingly random times. The TIR5 is plugged into the PC's USB and not a hub. I looked in the natural point directory for any logs, but found none. Event viewer is not reporting anything in system or application. I remember this same issue with my previous PC 2 years ago, but never figured out what it was. Is there a firmware update for the device maybe? The only way to stop the scrolling so far, is to reboot. :(

Has anyone experienced this?
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Mouse Pointer Continuously Scrolling Up

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello MadclikerX,

I have a few suggestions for you to try. First, would you please switch your view to Camera mode and watch how the dots behave as you move your head. Do they remain green, or do they turn red? Are there any other red blotches that may indicate light interference?

If the tracking looks good, then you may need to make sure that your computer isn't turning off USB ports to save power. Please try the following steps:

1. Right click on the start menu and select Device Manager.
2. Locate Universal Serial Bus controllers.
3. For each item in this list with the word “hub” in its name, double click on the item and go to the Power Management tab.
4 . Uncheck the option “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” and press OK.
5. Repeat for all USB hub devices.
6. Restart the computer.

If that didn't resolve the issue, follow these steps

1. Open Control Panel and navigate to Control Panel
2. Select All Control Panel Items
3. Open Power Options.
4. Click "Change plan settings."
5. Click "Change advanced power settings."
6. Find USB settings > USB selective suspend setting in the list, and ensure that it is set to disabled.
7. Press OK and reboot your computer.

Please let me know if the problem persists despite making these changes.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative
MadclikerX

Re: Mouse Pointer Continuously Scrolling Up

Post by MadclikerX »

Hello Jillian,

I appreciate you taking the time to reply and help.

In camera mode, I have all green dots and they remain green as I move my head.

I followed the first set of direction and unchecked each item in this list with the word “hub” in its name, “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” and restarted the computer.

It happened again while playing DCS and setting the headset down to get a drink.

I checked the control panel>Power options>advanced and I'm not seeing any USB options. Please see attached image.

I found this Microsoft doc that allows you to enable USB option in Windows 10 advanced power options.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... b50f9b19a0
That has now allowed me to see the USB options in advanced power options. I have selected disable on suspend for both USB options.

We'll see if it happens again.....

Thanks again for your time!