"Error while loading profile"

JoseLuis

"Error while loading profile"

Post by JoseLuis »

Hi all,

I am new to this community and new to the track Ir.

I bought TrackIr 5, with the Tracking Clip Pro last Wednesday. I downloaded the drivers and installed the program in my Windows 10 computer in the folder suggested by defect. Since the last time that I run the program first time I receive the following error: 'Error while loading profil. c:\\users\......\José Luis.xml. (unexpected Exception) This might be causes by a corrupted file'

I have created and loaded several profiles but the error still appears when initiating the program. I have desintalled and reinstalled the application, and the error shows up since the very first run.

Has someone any idea of what is happening?

Thank you very much indeed for your support.

Kindest regards,

José Luis
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: "Error while loading profile"

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello José Luis,

I think that our software is having trouble with the name you have given your profile, specifically the letter é. First, please delete any custom profiles from both the Users folder you noted below and from the C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\TrackIR_5\Profiles folder. If it loads successfully, you can try creating a custom profile again. Please start by giving it a name that uses only the basic ASCII characters (not the extended character set) to see if it saves correctly. Then relaunch your TrackIR software and confirm that the profile works.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative
bongpoll

Post by bongpoll »

I followed defect's recommendation and downloaded and installed the drivers and software for Windows 10 in the specified location. The following error has been occurring since my previous fresh program launch: "Error when loading profil. c:users......" It's a José Luis.xml (unexpected Exception) A corrupted file might be the blame for this.
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello bongpoll,

Our software is only able to read files names that use the ASCII characters. Using a non-ASCII character, like the "é" in "José Luis.xml" will cause the error you are seeing. Please try renaming the profile to something else, like JoseLuis.xml.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative
Peculiar

Post by Peculiar »

jillian.smythe wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:51 am Hello bongpoll,

Our software is only able to read files names that use the ASCII characters. Using a non-ASCII character, like the "é" in "José Luis.xml" will cause the error you are seeing. Please try renaming the profile to something else, like JoseLuis.xml.

Kind Regards,
That's right. I tried renaming the profile as you said and the error problem was resolved.