TrackIR preventing sleep under Win 11 22H2

Greybat

TrackIR preventing sleep under Win 11 22H2

Post by Greybat »

Hi. This may not be a problem with TrackIR itself, but I have found that, when I have my TrackIR device plugged into a USB port, even if the TrackIR software is shut down, my computer will not either turn the screen off, or go into sleep. I am sure this did not happen under Win 10, and pretty sure it didn't happen prior to Win 11 22H2. I also realize this might not be the fault of the device!

One thing I do notice is that. when I exit from the TrackIR software, I see periodic, short flashes from the blue light at the bottom of the TrackIR device. This would seem to me as though the device itself is sending some request through its drivers , and Win 11 is interpreting this as user activity.

I have checked in Device Manager and confirmed that no devices are set up to wake the computer from sleep, if that is any help.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: TrackIR preventing sleep under Win 11 22H2

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello Greybat,

What model of TrackIR do you have? A flashing blue or green front LED indicates "Low power or stand by mode."

Are you using the TrackClip or the TrackClip Pro? If you are using the TrackClip, please try putting your software in TrackClip Pro mode to see if it allows the computer to go to sleep.

If you disconnect the TrackIR, does your computer sleep correctly?

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative