USB Drivers

MikeDropsTheMic

USB Drivers

Post by MikeDropsTheMic »

Hello!

I have a problem with my Track IR 5

I bought it and instantly plugged it into my PC. Unfortunately i read the manuel later and found out that i shouldnt have done it. Because u have to install the Software first. Well...
Then i deleted the Software, restartet the PC several times and tried to install the Software, plug in the Track IR... all as descriebed in the manuel. Didnt work :/

Then i looked up some videos and found out that my PC dont recognize my Track IR... unknown Device

so i tried to install USB drivers with the device manager, but it couldnt found any drivers in the NaturalPoint-folder.
i tried to seach for anything related to USB in every folder from the NaturalPoint-Folder. And i found nothing.

I am kinda stuck here... all helping instructions beginn with "open the USB-folder in your NaturalPoint-Folder"... I DONT HAVE ONE

I dont know how to solve this problem.

if anyone knows how to fix it i would be enormously thankful.

PS. excuse my bad english... it isnt my first-language
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: USB Drivers

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello MikeDropsTheMic,

The driver file should be in this location: C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\USB Drivers x64\npusbio_x64. If you open Windows Explorer, can you see if this folder is present on your computer?

If it is, please open Device Manager,right click on the Unknown Device and select update driver. Choose the option to 'Browse my computer for driver software', and then Browse to this location: C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\USB Drivers x64\npusbio_x64.

If it is missing, then please try these instructions to uninstall and reinstall the software and drivers:

First, make sure you have backed up any custom profiles from this folder:
C:\Users\[Your.User.Name]\AppData\Roaming\NaturalPoint\TrackIR 5\Profiles
Please note that AppData is a hidden folder. To show hidden items, Click on the view tab in your window Explorer and select Hidden Items.

Then, please try doing a Full uninstall and reinstall of the software and see if that helps, especially steps 3 and 5. You can follow these steps below:

1. Unplug the TrackIR from your computer.
2. Remove TrackIR from add/remove programs.
3. Remove NaturalPoint Drivers from add/remove programs.
4. Delete NaturalPoint folder from Program Files x86.
5. Delete NaturalPoint folder from %APPDATA% location. (AppData is a hidden folder)
-C:\Users\[Your.User.Name]\AppData\Roaming\NaturalPoint.
6. Reboot PC.
7. Download the latest installer from our website.
-The latest download will also have our latest USB Drivers.
8. Right-click and install as an administrator.
9. Locate the Track IR 5 Icon on your desktop, Right-click on it and select 'Run as Administrator'. (This only needs to be done the first time.)

Please let me know if you are still seeing the Unknown Device in your Device Manager. If you are, please double click on it to open the Properties window and let me know what is written in the Device Status section.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative