Upgraded Monitor to 32 inch and Track IR erractic

maxwellbest

Upgraded Monitor to 32 inch and Track IR erractic

Post by maxwellbest »

Hi all,

I recently upgraded my monitor to a 1440 32 inch monitor. From a 24 inch monitor. Track IR worked well with that monitor. However, the camera is now higher than it used to be..and now appears to be unusable. I use a hat with vector clips. I cannot adjust the camera to get some kind of FOV for the clips. The only time I can get 3 green is by sitting uncomfortably close to the camera, which is very unnatural..moving back and the track ir drops out. The camera doesnt seem able to detect the clips at a comfortable distance. Have tried tilting the camera, up and down, its in the middle top of my monitor. I guess the camera works as it worked flawlessly until I put it on top of the 32 inch monitor. Or is it time to get a Trackclip Pro? Thoughts, thanks in advance
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Upgraded Monitor to 32 inch and Track IR erractic

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello maxwellbest,

As noted in our Quick Start Guide (https://www.trackir.com/downloads/), the TrackIR works best if you are between 2 and 5 feet from the camera, and if the TrackClip is at the same level as the camera. With your new monitor, is the TrackClip above the vector clips? Are you able to sit in such a way that your TrackClip is level with the TrackIR camera? Can you share a screen shot of what you see in Camera View?

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative