TrackIR 5 / TrackClipPro / Large Monitor - Last attempt

swath

TrackIR 5 / TrackClipPro / Large Monitor - Last attempt

Post by swath »

Good morning from the US east coast!

I am facing a fatal issue with my TrackIR5 and DCS. The story is common, I have read every single thread (here, reddit, etc) about others having the same issue, and there seems to be no working solution. I don't know if I have the patience to deal with returns and ordering a new head tracking solution, so this may be my last ditch attempt before going back to VR.

I have the 55" Samsung ARK gaming monitor. I have tried placing my sensor above it, below it, and to the side at all angles. I have spent at least 3 hours just testing different locations and angles. I am simply unable to get head tracking to work properly. In all cases, I can get 3 of 4 directions to work, but never all 4 (pitch,yaw).

A few people have mentioned placing the sensor behind you. As I am looking for a simple plug and play solution, the idea of running cable extensions, some sort of stand, and any other issues this may bring up, is wholly unappealing to me. The major reason I switched from VR was that I did not want to deal with the hassle of setting equipment up every single time I play a flight simulator.

So, for any people that may have accomplished getting solid tracking while using a large monitor, I am all ears!

P.S. I have three mounted Vive Pro SteamVR Base stations in my gaming room. Are there ANY devices on the market that could make use of these outside of VR headsets? If not, it seems like a missed market opportunity.

Thanks in advance!
swath

Re: TrackIR 5 / TrackClipPro / Large Monitor - Last attempt

Post by swath »

Disregard. There's no way to make it work.

If anyone is stuck on the same issue, just buy the Tobii eye/head tracker.