Track IR 5 Profiles

skyseek

Track IR 5 Profiles

Post by skyseek »

I am using Track IR 5 for MSFS 2020.

When I installed the Track IR 5 software, it appears not to have installed the game profiles?? I am not seeing any in the profile list.

I saw a video that actually modified settings during the installation.

Is there away to do add the profiles at this point?

I would like to use a profile. Now my initial settings are causing the tracking to be erratic.

Thanks!
anthony.jeffries
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Track IR 5 Profiles

Post by anthony.jeffries »

Can you send us a screenshot of what you are seeing? Also, have you updated the games list?
Also, see if you have "Exclusive" checked under profiles. If you do, uncheck it to allow you to assign a profile to a specific game.
Anthony Jeffries
TrackIR Support Representative
skyseek

Post by skyseek »

I attached the screen image.

Thanks
Attachments
TrackIR.jpg
TrackIR.jpg (35.12 KiB) Viewed 1935 times
anthony.jeffries
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by anthony.jeffries »

Those are the profiles that are installed with the TrackIR software. It doesn't install specific profiles for each game. You would need to click on the "+" button to create a new profile and then save it with a unique name. You would be able to assign that profile to any game in the game list, which is on the "Titles" tab.
Anthony Jeffries
skyseek

Post by skyseek »

I think your forum should provide a files section where users can post their profiles by game…

I have seen videos where people spent time setting up their Track IR profiles. The Track IR team should test each submission. I feel that MSFS 2020, FSX, is probably one of the top 5 games, in terms of the Track IR line of products. Surely you can provide a good starting point. For each one submitted for a particular game, you can have feedback and maybe a rating system. As a prize offer the winner being a beta tester providing the profile for the next series of hardware. I guess I have matured a little over the last several years. I enjoyed hacking around with settings and configurations for hours and hours! Now I want plug and play and Fly!

I may post this on Avsim and FlightSim forums to see if there are MSFS 2020 profiles available in their files section.

I am not into tinkering. I’m for Plug and Play is the Way.

Thanks!
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello skyseek,

Thank you for your suggestion! We do have a section in our forum where users have shared profiles for their specific games: viewforum.php?f=61. This thread is the most active, and it includes a few that were provided by some of our staff members, such as the ones shared by Seth in the second post: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=7445.

I hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
skyseek

Post by skyseek »

Thanks for the information on the profiles. Probably saved a few communication threads to mention this in the beginning👍👍

Is there any reason you have to go through a moderator to post a thread? The moderator can be on the distribution list for the post, and take it down if there is an issue. It seems like the thread doesn’t appear in the forum until you respond to it.

How do you import the profiles? Do you copy it to a specific TrackIR folder?

Thanks Again!!
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello skyseek,

Due to the large number of spam bots that try to post in forums, it is necessary for us to approve each post. We often approve posts and then reply to them right away, which is why it looks like the post isn't approved until we respond to them.

Profiles are stored in the App Data folder which is hidden by default. You can also import profiles into this directory. Start with the TrackIR application closed.

Follow this path using your user name. C:\Users\[Your.User.Name]\AppData\Roaming\NaturalPoint\TrackIR 5\Profiles. You may need to show hidden items by clicking on the view tab in Windows Explorer and selecting Hidden Items. You can copy the .xml profiles directly into this folder. Then start TrackIR, and the profile should appear in the list of profiles.

Please note that file names can only use characters from the standard ASCII character set, not from the Extended ASCII character set (such as á). If you find that TrackIR crashes after transferring a new profile to the folder, try renaming the profile and launching TrackIR again.

Kind Regards,

Jillian Smythe
skyseek

Post by skyseek »

Thank You!

Those darn spam bots!

Totally understand!

Thanks again!!!
skyseek