TrackiIr 5.4 Not responding

jrabbetts

TrackiIr 5.4 Not responding

Post by jrabbetts »

I have a weird error that just started on my PC. I've had Trackir for years without issue - in the last days TrackIR app became greyed out with "not responding" in the tiltel bar and shows very high power usage in task manager. If I restart the PC and start track IR it shows as not responing. If I unplug the USB an restart the PC then trackir runs fine, when I plug in the USB it sees trackir and works fine, but when I close trackir then trackir hangs (not responding) if restart the PC and start trackir eith the USB plugged in I'm back to "not responding". I camt kill Trackir in task manager -notjhing happens if I try to do that - notjhing obvious in event logs.

So at present I need to start the PC and unplug the USB, start trackIR and once running plug in the USB and it detects it. it then need to remember to unplug the USB otherwise it hangs.

ANyone else had this?
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: TrackiIr 5.4 Not responding

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello jrabbetts,

It may be that something in the ProfileMap.dat or Settings.xml has been corrupted. I recommend deleting these files and relaunching the software. You will find them in this folder: C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\NaturalPoint\TrackIR 5\ (where <USERNAME> is your computer's user name).

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative
SniperPod

Post by SniperPod »

Hi, I too am having a very similar problem to yours. I start the software, the device is recognized and seems to work. Suddenly it stops as if I were no longer receiving a signal from the TrackClip Pro, the green LED goes off. After disconnecting the USB socket, I insert it again, the software starts and the TrackIR does not respond as if it had stopped. When he manages to start after starting the software again, he is like crazy, he detects red spots on the screen of the three LEDs of the trackclip even if in the room where I am I have no interference.
Ryback1973

Post by Ryback1973 »

Hi,

I have the same issue. After years of usage with no problems at all my trackit-Software shows the described behavior. The workaround is possible, but a pain in the ass. I changed the USB-Port from a HUB to a native one on the mainboard and tried the whole thing without any Devices except Mouse and Keyboard attached. How can it be that this didn't ever happen before.

Any clues??

regards,
Andre
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello Ryback1973,

I would start by looking at what has been recently updated. Have there been updates to the graphics card driver or the Windows OS? This may provide clues as to what caused this change.

I would also verify that you have tried the following:

1. Update .NET
2. Windows update.
3. GPU graphics drivers update
4. Uninstall TrackIR and USB drivers (listed as NaturalPoint USB Drivers x64), then reinstall TrackIR 5.4.2.
5. Download and install this Redistributable - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=40784
6. Reinstall DirectX9: https://s3.amazonaws.com/naturalpoint/s ... redist.exe

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
Shashlyk_merc

Post by Shashlyk_merc »

Hi

I have been using trackir for like 2-3 years now and recently i changed almost everything in my pc (no clue if its useful but ill post them anyway might be a clue) i changed my CPU mobo and ram setup from a 9700k z390 and 32gb 3200mhz to a 13700k z790 and 64gb 5600mhz. Anyway with my new pc i did a fresh install of the software and it all went downhill from there. At first the trackIr software would be sometimes not responding and it would actually lock my pc and i had to force unpower it to make it shut i down, it happend +/- 25% of the time. then recently after one of my unpower maneuvers, it would just not launch at all. did some digging and i found some unplug the trackir and replug it. it worked for a bit of time. And now the receiver is dead maybe, i cant really know because now the software will not respond all the time. I did fresh installs, uninstalls you name it. And now im just at a loss i dont know what to do anymore.

Im having a large ammount of trouble to post pictures here, but basically i cleaned wipe everything that has to do with trackir or natural point and did the freshest of installs everytime

TLDR i might have a receiver issue but i cant know because i certainly have a massive software issue, cant even launch it to begin to know what the problem is
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello Shashlyk_merc,

First, please try bringing up Device Manager. Do you see an entry for TrackIR 5 under NaturalPoint devices? If not, do you see a device called "Unknown Device" in the list of all of the devices? If not do you have access to another computer that you can use to test whether your TrackIR is detected? This will help confirm whether this is a hardware issue.

A small number of customers have reported the problem with TrackIR locking up. Our team is still looking into why this may be happening, but so far, they have not been able to replicate the issue. Most customers have been able to resolve the issue by reinstalling the C++ Redistributables (both the x86 and x64 versions), reinstalling the software, updating their drivers for their motherboard and graphics card, and running TrackIR as an Administrator. I also suggest connecting the TrackIR directly to your computer and not using a USB hub. If you have one available on your motherboard, connect to a USB 2.0 port.

If you still need help after trying these steps, please use the Contact Form on our website https://www.trackir.com/help to start a case with us so we can investigate further.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe