Track-ir 5 does not respond and freezes!

SniperPod

Track-ir 5 does not respond and freezes!

Post by SniperPod »

Hello, unfortunately I'm having serious problems with my Track-ir 5 device. For many years it worked fine until yesterday afternoon, when it suddenly decided to give me problems. Suddenly I noticed that the device froze as if it was no longer receiving signal from the TrackClip. In the last period in the software, where the three green LEDs are present, I noticed red spots as if there was an interference and consequently everything stops. I have tried uninstalling the device and drivers, cleaning the Windows 10 registry and removing all folders but the problem has not been solved.
After uninstalling it I proceeded to delete the folder in Appdata->Roming->Natural Point, but the problem is not resolved.
Has anyone had the same problem, who can help me? Thank you
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Track-ir 5 does not respond and freezes!

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello SniperPod,

When you noticed the red spots, were you able to identify any possible sources of infrared light in the room, including sunlight? If you hold your hand near the TrackIR camera, do the red spots go away?

If possible, please share an image of what you are seeing in the Camera view so we can assist you further.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative
SniperPod

Post by SniperPod »

jillian.smythe wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:18 pm Hello SniperPod,

When you noticed the red spots, were you able to identify any possible sources of infrared light in the room, including sunlight? If you hold your hand near the TrackIR camera, do the red spots go away?

If possible, please share an image of what you are seeing in the Camera view so we can assist you further.

Kind Regards,
Hi, these days I had the opportunity to test my device on two other computers as well. I've done several tests, even in different rooms and with various light conditions and the same malfunction repeats.
Until a few days before my TrackIR has always worked and I've been using it for about six years in the same gaming station. Suddenly it stopped working and from that day it behaves like this, I insert the link to view the problem:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KjhHq8 ... sp=sharing
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello SniperPod,

Thank you for sharing that video. I noticed at the end of the video there seems to be some large red blobs on the edges of the view port. Can you change your view port to Camera View (right click in the main viewing area and select Camera View) to get a better look at that region? You may want to try changing the Light Threshold Filter on the Camera tab to see if that makes any difference. If you move the TrackIR camera, do the shapes of those red blobs change? Are you able to make them disappear by changing the direction that the camera is pointing in? If not, it is likely that the camera hardware has failed and a replacement will be needed.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
SniperPod

Post by SniperPod »

jillian.smythe wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:47 am Hello SniperPod,

Thank you for sharing that video. I noticed at the end of the video there seems to be some large red blobs on the edges of the view port. Can you change your view port to Camera View (right click in the main viewing area and select Camera View) to get a better look at that region? You may want to try changing the Light Threshold Filter on the Camera tab to see if that makes any difference. If you move the TrackIR camera, do the shapes of those red blobs change? Are you able to make them disappear by changing the direction that the camera is pointing in? If not, it is likely that the camera hardware has failed and a replacement will be needed.

Kind Regards,
Hi Jillian, Thanks for your support.

As I told you, those red spots have been appearing for a few days, sorry if I didn't put the view in Camera View, but I'm sure that in the video I gave an idea of what's happening. I've already tried changing the Light Threshold filter in the Camera tab but it doesn't change the situation. Even if you change the position of the TrackIR from another angle, after starting it it seems to work and then suddenly it behaves as you saw in the video and even stops (the green LED goes off). I also tried on other PCs in different rooms but the TrackIR crashes after about 60 seconds and what you saw in the video happens. At this point I will eventually evaluate a replacement of the device, but I would not want there to be a software problem since other people have also written about having similar problems.
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello SniperPod,

From what I saw in the video, this definitely looks like a hardware issue to me. The little camera view window shows large red blobs. You've done the troubleshooting to rule out light interference and verified that the problem occurs on more than one computer. I would recommend replacing the unit.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe