Precision video processing mode is jittery

RedEyedWarrior

Precision video processing mode is jittery

Post by RedEyedWarrior »

Yo,

Right I've been using trackir 5 for a few years with no issues, then I unplug the unit accidentally while it was in use and fried the camera (me stupid). So now I have a replacement unit and this one will not work like the previous unit with Video Processing Mode set to Precision. Its jittery as hell, previous unit didn't behave in that manner. Looking at the camera view in the software you can see the center point jank when I move my head. Ive varied IR strength/Threshold settings but this has no effect.

So now im running it in standard mode which is way smoother BUT not as smooth as precision USED to be. Totally lost with it, I remember the previous unit doing something like this one time but a PC reboot sorted it out. This problem persists. Im using previous profiles which are fine. Desktop is running at 144hz but I lock any game I play using trackir to 120hz. I have g-ysnc on but this has NEVER caused me any issue previously, plus I use nvidia inspector to only turn g-sync on in certain games/circumstances.

The only thing that has changed since the I fried the first unit is installing FacetracknoIR to bind head movement to a joystick. Since uninstalled the program just incase but that has made no difference. All so running trackIR in admin mode to see if that helps but still no change.

Just to reiterate, previous unit worked PERFECTLY with current PC configuration. I mean super smooth movement from 60fps - 120hz, the framerate could vary but the smoothness remained. This second unit does not behave that way whatsoever.

Anyone come across something similar and have a suggestion?

Many Thanks.
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Precision video processing mode is jittery

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello RedEyedWarrior,

Have you tried adjusting the Smoothing value? Do you notice the jitteriness in the TrackIR Software? Do you see it in all games or just one?

Are there any traces of the FacetracknoIR remaining that could be somehow interfering?

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative
RedEyedWarrior

Post by RedEyedWarrior »

Hi Jillian

Apologies for late reply, yes the problem persists on all games. It seems to be in the device/software itself. With 3D view selected in the trackIR software I can see the movement is jittery. Selecting Standard Video Mode makes that jitter disappear. This is without a game running. Using Precision Video Mode in any game results in horrible tracking.

Changing smoothness/speed/IR strength/Light Filter does not change anything either. I've tried multiple USB ports but still no change.

I have double checked facetracknoir was uninstalled, then found opentrack and vjoy joystick head emulation were installed. Removed those but I can't see that causing the issue.

I've just uninstalled the Natural Point usb drivers and the software then reinstalled and same issue persists. Its very strange, like I said this happened once or twice before on the previous unit but a system reboot fixed it. Now it seems whatever triggered that is now permanent?.

Just to rule out the unit itself being the issue I installed TrackIR on my other pc and it works perfectly with Precision Video Mode. Both PC's on win 11, one is single screen the other is running triples. Both have g-sync on. Seems to be a conflict specific to my main PC.

This error came up under events in device manager for trackir "Device settings for USB\VID_131D&PID_0159\5&2b507621&0&4 were not migrated from previous OS installation due to partial or ambiguous device match."

May just end up wiping my boot drive when I have time and see if that changes anything as I am really struggling to find a solution.

Many Thanks.
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello RedEyedWarrior,

Have you tried a full reinstallation of the TrackIR software? Please try the following steps in order:

If you have any custom saved profiles, you will want to copy them to a temp folder before proceeding. Profiles are stored in the App Data folder which is hidden by default.

Follow this path using your user name. C:\Users\[Your.User.Name]\AppData\Roaming\NaturalPoint\TrackIR 5\Profiles
To show hidden Items Click on the view tab in your window Explorer and select Hidden Items

Then, please try doing a Full uninstall and reinstall of the software and see if that helps, especially steps 3 and 5. You can follow these steps below:

1. Unplug the TrackIR from your computer.
2. Remove TrackIR from add/remove programs.
3. Remove NaturalPoint Drivers from add/remove programs.
4. Delete NaturalPoint folder from Program Files x86.
5. Delete NaturalPoint folder from %APPDATA% location. (AppData is a hidden folder)
-C:\Users\[Your.User.Name]\AppData\Roaming\NaturalPoint.
6. Reboot PC.
7. Download the latest installer from our website.
-The latest download will also have our latest USB Drivers.
8. Right-click and install as an administrator.
9. Locate the Track IR 5 Icon on your desktop, Right-click on it and select 'Run as Administrator'.

Let me know if this helps.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative