TrackIR 5 is Alive!

Post by Jim »

All:

TrackIR 5 is now available, check it out here:

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/products/trackir5/
Retro

Re: TrackIR 5 is Alive!

Post by Retro »

Has the API been updated as well? That is, would games that support TIR 3+4 have to be updated to get optimal support?
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

TrackIR 4 is currently suppoted by the new 5.0 software, and TIR 3 support is coming in the next update, this will ensure you have access to all the latest titles.

Additionally, the previous software, version 4.0 will also support the latest games, if you would like to contiue using that version.
Retro

Post by Retro »

Hi Jim,

thanks for the reply. I guess I was asking my question incorrectly, as my point was if I, as a game developer, would have reason (or need) to upgrade to a newer API.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

Oh, in that case, you should contact Seth, the TrackIR product manager so that he can discuss this with you.

Jim
B42L8

Post by B42L8 »

Just a question about any upgrades for my TrackIR 4..........can this be done to get the v5??...If not, is there a special discount price for current users?? B42L8
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=Dick Leonard]Just a question about any upgrades for my TrackIR 4..........can this be done to get the v5??...If not, is there a special discount price for current users?? B42L8 [/quote]
Hi Dick,

If you've purchased your TIR 4 within the past 30 days, shoot me an email (seth @ naturalpoint.com) and I'll see what I can do to help you out.

-Seth
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
B42L8

Post by B42L8 »

Seth, I have had tis for at least a year, maybe more.......I am confused to say the least.....do I put the v5 software on my existing setup??......Are we to buy a whole new setup to get the v5??.......If so, what is the advantage of the 5 over the 4, other than faster responce??.......Are you taking trade-ins??....appreciate the thoughts, B42L8
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

You can use TrackIR 4 and 5 with either the new 5.0 software or the older 4.x software. (TrackIR 3 support is coming with the 5.1 release). If you want to upgrade to the new software, you can download it for free. But, you can also continue to use the old software with all of the same games.

If you are considering upgrading to the TrackIR 5, there are many hardware developments that make it a superior product. With 3X raw sensor resolution and 10X effective resolution, it is far more accurate and stable, even with minimal smoothing. Its wider field of view gives you more physical real estate to move your head in. With tracking and processing improvements like Precision Grayscale and Spurious Marker Rejection, TrackIR 5 can track you from farther away and in more hostile lighting conditions.

Check out more here:
http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/02- ... rison.html

and here:
http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/products/trackir5/

We do not have a trade-in program.