THANKS A LOT Natural Point from new potential customer

Alphamale

Re: THANKS A LOT Natural Point from new potential customer

Post by Alphamale »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Seth]Hi Alphamale,

If you've ordered your TrackIR 4 within the last 30 days, shoot me an email (seth@naturalpoint.com).

-Seth [/quote]

Ok done. Two days ago. The IR 4 is to be delivered tomorrow. What do you want me to do? Thanks.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=sparks]I was actually waiting for my newly ordered TrackIR 4 to arrive in the mail, when I found out about TrackIR 5. Haha.

Luckily I live in a country where you by law have a 14 day full refund warranty on anything you buy, without having to provide a reason. So now Ill send TIR 4 back, and Ill buy the TIR 5 for the refund money.

But Naturalpoint, it would be a nice gesture of respect to your costumers to give some sort of preview a month or two before release :) Let them plan purchases and create some hype about it.

[/quote]
Even more luckily, NaturalPoint has a 30 day return policy, which allows any of our customers the same privilege! ;)
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=KevinH]I'm feeling a bit irritated here too. I just received my TrackIR4 on Wednesday. The new one I think literally came out the next day. If I had known that the new release was this close I would have waited for the newer version and I cant help feeling a little cheated. It just adds some insult to it when the new one is cheaper. Perhaps they were holding off until the last trackir4 set was sold. Meh anyway.. guess I'm venting now but that's how I feel. [/quote]
If we were holding off until the last TrackIR 4 was sold, why are we continuing to sell it on our web site? :P

In all seriousness, there was no malicious intention with how we released TrackIR 5. We've been working hard on getting it finished for quite some time. Once it was done, and we felt confident in its quality, we released it. Pretty much as simple as that.

Those that get caught in the uncomfortable situation of having just purchased the previous generation for more than it currently costs (like yourself) can shoot me an email. I'll chat with you about how we can help.

seth @ naturalpoint.com
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=Alphamale][quote=NaturalPoint - Seth]Hi Alphamale,

If you've ordered your TrackIR 4 within the last 30 days, shoot me an email (seth@naturalpoint.com).

-Seth [/quote]

Ok done. Two days ago. The IR 4 is to be delivered tomorrow. What do you want me to do? Thanks.
[/quote]
Email inbound as of about an hour ago. I just got to it after the weekend. As you might imagine, my inbox is rather full. :)
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Alphamale

Post by Alphamale »

Why were we to "shoot you an email" personally when you stated nothing more than what Jim already told us publicly? That being that we can certainly return the item if it has been ordered wihtin the last thirty days. I don't understand what the intervention was for. It seemed like you were going to offer us a discount for the cost that it would take to send the newly ordered unit back to you so we could at least then order the new IR 5 as if we hadn't ordered the IR 4 at all. That would have been the least you could do. But you just merely reiterated what Jim had already told us. Are you just playing games here?
Regnar

Post by Regnar »

Ok all I am the 3rd post on this thread. I called and got a RMA. Filled out the RMA invoice return. Printed an Address label and went by my Post office and for $4.95 I sent my Unopened Tracker IR 4 Pro back for a refund. On the same day I ordered a new Tracker IR 5. I had it sent 2nd day air for a few bucks more. I am on the East coast in North Carolina, and I have the NEW TRACKER IR5 in my dirty little hands as I type. (And it is hard to type while holding it). I am happy that I took the extra days which was only 3 to get the new one. I just hope that the refund goes well. I am still out about $11 for the original shipping and $5 for the return shipping. My original invoice was for $149 this one for $185 (because of $20 difference for new Version 5 and 2nd day shipping). Maybe if they sent me a t-shirt or something to make up for the fupa,( I will keep everyone informed on that) I would be REALLY happy.