TrackIR 4 Pro doesnt work with TrackIR 5.X Beta

Nazar

TrackIR 4 Pro doesnt work with TrackIR 5.X Beta

Post by Nazar »

Got a little Problem with Track IR 4 Pro, the Clip and the new Software.
In the TrackIR Conf Menu I got a shaking if I am looking right.
Looking up, the View goes up and left, looking down the view goes down and right, looking right the view goes right an up, looking left, the view goes left and down.
Centering the View with F12 works perfect.

If I am using TrackIR 4 Software, all works fine!

Edit: Sorry fpr my bad english!

Q9550@ 3.6 GHz
VISTA 64 Ultimate
8 GiBi RAM
4870X2
G19/G9
bushido

Re: TrackIR 4 Pro doesnt work with TrackIR 5.X Beta

Post by bushido »

Hello I also try the V5 beta Software with a track ir 4 pro and the the track clip pro on Black shark.

I use the default profile, the view is shaking a lot making impossible to play correctly (realy hard to click the correct triger in the cockpit).

I'm on vista 32.
trekki

Post by trekki »

+1
i have the same problem

The YAW axis registers movement (rather alot -25 to 5) when moving head up and down.

with PITCH isolated, turning the head left gives "down movement"
turning head to the right gives "up movement"

ROLL isolated works well (doesn't show any readings) when looking to the left, when looking right however it starts rolling at about -20.

X axis movement to the right stops at -55
x axis movement to the left stops at about 12 ?!?

Y axis movement up = -55
Y axis movement down = 22 ?!?

Z axis works as it should.

minor things aswell:
I can turn the camera indicator diod on and off, but the "status LED brightness" settings doesnt do anything as far as i can tell.

Since this is a beta software it would be nice if you could insert a link to a "beta feedback tread" or a template or something along those lines.

Tnx.

software version 5.0.200 (build 5759)
TrackIR 4 #59663
Track clip pro

Running Windows XP X64
Perfect_Form

Post by Perfect_Form »

Ditto,

I have similar problems with the new software. AFAIK, it has just been a problem with the profiles. Is it just me, or were the sample profiles with the v4 software much better? I would try messing with the profile settings for jittering, until we get an official response.

-Perfect_Form
trekki

Post by trekki »

i didnt mess around with it I'm embarresed to say, I just reverted to the previous software version ;)
Jazzer

Post by Jazzer »

My problem is that after trying the beta software with my T-Pro 4 and finding the frames per second on some games cut in half, I uninstalled it and reinstalled the v4 software. Now when I start the software I get a crash and a request to send error report then Dr Watson crashes too. The error points to a cameradll.dll file. Now I've got to try and clean out my registry in the hope that I can use the V4 software again. My fault for installing beta software I suppose. Not at all impressed.
Jazzer

Post by Jazzer »

It would seem, in my case anyway that this was caused by a leftover profile created in V5 then loaded into V4 software. Once deleted the V4 software works fine.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

Thanks for the feedback. We are going to be updating the 5.0 software frequently to address these issues.
Kaliops

Post by Kaliops »

Vista 64: IR4 on IR5 software, had both installed, IR5 was shaky at first, but fixed with tweaking the sensitivity settings, works, fine IR4 software works fine as well.
norbu72

Post by norbu72 »

I recently updated my TrackIR 4 Pro to 5.x Beta and also am having the "jumpy" screen issue. Additionally, the hot keys for pause and precision won't toggle properly. Even with the toggle button highlighted in the setup I still have to hold the hot key down to maintain pause. If I let go it stops pausing.

Other than that I really like the new version! I'm using XP and primarily flying Over Flanders Fields (OFF) and FS2004. (incidentally, OFF is not showing in my games list under 5.x Beta)