Beta version crash

Roggan

Re: Beta version crash

Post by Roggan »

Hi

I just got my Track IR 5 and the Track Clip Pro yesterday.

I have a problem where my Track IR 5 (beta 4) crashes after startup. When i have the camera connected (this does not happen if its not) the screen flickers and after 5-10 seconds i get the microsoft C++ runtime error message and the application closes.

This was particularly annoying as Version 4 did not work with my Track Clip Pro. When i was looking left the tracking went beserk (right seamed to work fine). Maybe it was not detecting that i was using the Track Clip Pro rather then the cap tracker? Is there a setting to switch like there is in V5?

I managed to find a workaround to this by quickly dissabling the 3D view and going to the settings mode only. So i can use it in games now (which is excellent) but not use the 3D preview function in the software.

My system:
Core 2 Dual E8500
nVidia GTX 9800 GX2
Windows XP SP3

No special apps running, tried restarting etc but same results

Hope that the next version will work better

Regards
/Roger
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Please email support with your issue, and camera serial number.
JuMo

Post by JuMo »

Up..

Just being curious, as there haven't been any news on this for a few weeks now other than that's it's been acknowledged as a known issue, and this thread was started quite a while ago.

I'd like to point out that in contrast to minor GUI improvements* like a save button, this bug renders the software completely unusable** for a number of users (including meeee! ;-), so we're stuck with V4. And even though V5 is admittedly in beta, you're always recommending to use it instead of V4 because of the highly improved functionality and comfort, which is true. Each time I read one of those posts, well...

Can you give us an ETA for a fix or a workaround? Do you plan on fixing this with the next beta release or are you still looking for the root cause? Or is it that the whole 3d window thingie is broken?

Tnx for any update on this,
Jumo

*known as bells and whistles ;)
** aka "flaky"
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

It is still being looked into, and has varied to what is causing the issue.

Have you emailed support, and the sent you a modified exe for log file testing?
JuMo

Post by JuMo »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Vincent]Have you emailed support, and the sent you a modified exe for log file testing? [/quote]

Tnx, and yeah, I sent you the log file and a dxdiag dump on June 5th (and that was the last thing I heard). I'm readily volunteering as a guinnea pig, if that helps.

Regards
JuMo
JuMo

Post by JuMo »

Weird... just fyi, I updated my Nvidia driver today with what Nvidia published yesterday, and so I thought I might give beta4 another try. Result: it still crashes instantly when run normally, but so far it does run stable in NT4 compatibility mode. A few weeks ago, I had it running stable in compatibility mode for a few days before it suddenly decided to start crashing again, so I've been there before, but for the moment it works.

Jumo
Do not fold, spindle or mutilate