Hot key problem

Vulcan

Hot key problem

Post by Vulcan »

I have TrackIRv4 working fine so thought I would try v5, however I have a problem.

With v4 I have my center mouse button set to toggle pause mode and that works fine.

With v5 the center mouse button does not toggle instead with it released TrackIR is paused, and is only unpaused when the button is pressed, so it is not acting as a toggle. Enable, toggle and trap are ticked.
I have tried copying the profile from my TrackIR v4 into v5 but the hot keys do not appear get copied.

I have a joystick button programmed to toggle centering and that works fine in v5.

OS is XP Sp2.

Any suggestions?
TIA

Vulcan
Seth Steiling

Re: Hot key problem

Post by Seth Steiling »

Profiles should not copy properly from 4.x to 5.0 software, as they use different types of motion curves.

I'll forward your issue on to the dev team.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
norbu72

Post by norbu72 »

I have the same issue with the hot keys not toggling properly but I was creating new profiles in 5.x. Thanks for looking into it.

FYI, I'm using XP and flying FS2004 and Over Flanders Fields.
Birch

Post by Birch »

[quote=norbu72]I have the same issue with the hot keys not toggling properly but I was creating new profiles in 5.x. Thanks for looking into it.

[/quote]

What keys do you have bound to which actions?
Perry

Post by Perry »

I am having the same problem, except it is with the pause hot key. It will not toggle back and forth between pause and unpaused. It will only stay paused if I continue to hold joystick button. my center button only works when I have the pause joy stick button pushed.
I do really like the new software, Love the way it looks and feels. I have trackir 4 pro clip does this new software make it run better in a game or is the only advantage for trackir 4 the the way you can set up your profiles in the new interface, Thanks.
norbu72

Post by norbu72 »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Birch Zimmer][quote=norbu72]I have the same issue with the hot keys not toggling properly but I was creating new profiles in 5.x. Thanks for looking into it.

[/quote]

What keys do you have bound to which actions? [/quote]

I'm trying to add the hot keys to my joystick (Saitek X52). It worked properly on the keyboard at first but after transferring to the joystick buttons the problem started. It wouldn't work properly on the keyboard after that either. I'll be trying the new version later today. Hopefully, that's got the fix. Thanks.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

What OS are you using?

Are you running the joystick software as well?
norbu72

Post by norbu72 »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Vincent]What OS are you using?

Are you running the joystick software as well? [/quote]

I'm running XP

No, I'm not using the joystick software just the TrackIR software.
Vulcan

Post by Vulcan »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Seth]Profiles should not copy properly from 4.x to 5.0 software, as they use different types of motion curves.

I'll forward your issue on to the dev team. [/quote]

Thanks Seth.

I only tried copying the profiles from v4 to see if that would cure the hotkey problem.

Vulcan