TrackIR 5 software pops up: should stay minimized

JvanE

TrackIR 5 software pops up: should stay minimized

Post by JvanE »

After fooling around with version 5 and my TIR 4 Pro, I finally got it working okay, so it seems. I had to bump up Smooth to 100 (!) though, to get a steady view... Everything else would make everything move all the time. It also took me some time to have version 5 remember my settings: I had to copy the Smooth profile, changed the key-assignements and made it Exclusive: the Motion Control options and the TrackClip Pro weren't saved until I did all this. Before that none of the changes would stick (even chances on the Titles tab wouldn't stick). All in all it wasn't as easy to setup my personbal settings as I hoped it would be. But it seems okay now. (Seems the VOF in game (FSX) has become a lot larger...? I can move around a lot more! But maybe I could have gotten that same result if I would have figures out how version 4 worked... I also got rid of the snapping to the default view which I had with version 4.)

Anyway (the reason why I am posting ;) ): I run the software minimized, and that works: when I start the program (I don't let it start at Windows startup) it is minimized. But everytime I startup FSX, the window pops up and I have to manually minimize it! Doesn't seem right. Version 4 always stayed minimized.

EDIT:
BTW It seems version 5 does a far better job on keeping the default view right: with version 4 I frequently had to press the Center button, specially after wild or big movements, but with version 5 it seems that no matter what I do, I get back to the centerview without problems. Maybe also has to do with the fact I don't have that 'snap to default view' anymore. Anyway, I like it A LOT as it is now!
morgan
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: TrackIR 5 software pops up: should stay minimized

Post by morgan »

Hey JVanE,

Thanks for the feedback.

Just a quick note - the latest beta posted addresses the minimize bug.

The T5 software also has key improvements to marker detection, background object detection and removal, tracking and centering.

The latest build also has more intelligent defaults for the smoothing settings.
JvanE

Post by JvanE »

Yep, minimize problem is solved with beta!

Everything works great now. Apart from saving changes to config. I made yet another change to a config I made before (by using Copy current profile) but the change wasn't saved: I had to change it again after restarting v5.
Since there is no button to save a profile, I decided to use Copy current profile AGAIN after making the changes: that worked: the new profile had my own desired settings. But it's a weird workaround...
After that I accidently discovered that when you change a self made or previously copied profile and select another one, you get the option to save the profile...!!!

So my logical question is: why isn't there a simple SAVE button...? That would REALLY have saved me a lot of problems getting settings to stick... The things you have to do now to make changes stick are not exactly intuitive or logical imho. Maybe in idea for a next beta? ;) A save button seems a very logical option that will prevent a lot of confusion, I think.

But all in all I am more than happy with v5! The improvement to the centering is really great! During my last flight I stood up from my chair, walked around as far as I could with my headset on, look at the back of the computer, did all kinds of crazy things, sat back behind the computer again and... the view was centered exactly as it should! With v4 even moving forward a bit too much would require a recentre. v5 is great! Thanks for making it work with TrackIR Pro 4 too...!
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Definitely something to look into, and thx for the input.