TrackIR software 5.0 beta 2 available

Birch

TrackIR software 5.0 beta 2 available

Post by Birch »

A new beta of the TrackIR 5.0 software is available for download. It includes several improvements and bug fixes, we encourage anyone using the first beta to upgrade to the new one.

We look forward to your feedback.

Download link :
http://media.naturalpoint.com/software/ ... eta.02.exe

Visit the download section for more information :
http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/06- ... nuals.html

5.0 beta 02
* Added modifier keys for Hotkeys (CTRL+, etc.)
* Improved tracking, centering and reduced axis crosstalk
* Improved default smoothing settings
* Fixed TrackIR 4 IR LEDs not turning off when using a TrackClip Pro
* Fixed scrolling issues with profile graph zooming
* Fixed unwanted resizing of settings panel
* Fixed interface issues with higher DPI settings
* Fixed unwanted application maximizing on game start
* Disabled loading 4.x profiles since they aren't compatible
* Updated default profiles to enable roll axis
hma

Re: TrackIR software 5.0 beta 2 available

Post by hma »

Hi,

Other quirks are appearing now:

-Templates are not saved if you install a newer version.
-The title bar of the "Advanced Settings" is too long for the most pleasing size of the window and this window becomes larger if you move the right border of the main window to make it larger; this is not necessary for the either window scheduled by the tabs (Profiles, Titles or Camera). For a more pleasing view, I would prefer a frame with rounded corners.
-The defined relations between game and profile aren't saved either, when installing a newer version.

Sorry, if it seems nit picking.
Regards,
Hugo
morgan
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by morgan »

Hi Hugo,

Thanks for the quick response.

For template and game mappings, we still need to add the ability to preserve your previous settings and profile map on uninstall/re-install (sort of like how profiles are backed up now). As a workaround for now, you could:

- manually copy your settings.xml and ProfileMap.dat files from your current installation (assuming they haven't already been blown)
- uninstall/install new softwre version.
- copy your preserved settings.xml and ProfileMap.dat back over into your TrackIR 5 folder.

We'll look at integrating a fix for this into the installer asap.

Re the Advanced Settings dialog, are you running the app in Panel View only layout (no 3D view?) In that view agreed, the stretching is not optimal. Look for improvemnts here with the final release.

again, thanks for the feedback. we'll take nitpicking over silence any day!
lion737

Post by lion737 »

Will it be possible soon, to lay a mask over the camera view, in order to let the camera �ignore� for example windows ? (... which are way side and above my head)

As the view angle of TrackIR 3 was smaller, I had much less problems with disturbing lights. With a software mask it should be possible to correct this �backstep�.

Regards
Birch

Post by Birch »

[quote=juergen]Will it be possible soon, to lay a mask over the camera view, in order to let the camera �ignore� for example windows ? (... which are way side and above my head)
Regards [/quote]

We have an existing ticket on providing this kind of feature. Not sure when we will implement it, but we will increase its priority based on your feedback.
hma

Post by hma »

Hi,

Another quirk: with beta 0, it was possible to launch TrackIR5 via a setting ("runIf1=KILL,C:\Program Files\NaturalPoint\TrackIR5\TrackIR5.exe")
in FSUIPC.ini (I am using FS2004). In version beta 2 (I didn't download beta 1) , however, I have only a short blink of the blue LED (TrackIR4 pro), I don't know if the program is launched and immediately shut down. In any case I have to restart the program manually.

Regards,

Hugo
Birch

Post by Birch »

When you set up the launching of the app, are you able to specify the working directory for the application? If TrackIR 5.x isn't run with the working directory set as its installed folder then it may have problems.
hma

Post by hma »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Birch Zimmer]When you set up the launching of the app, are you able to specify the working directory for the application? If TrackIR 5.x isn't run with the working directory set as its installed folder then it may have problems. [/quote]

Why it's started now? I never had the problem with TrakIR4 or TrackIR 5 beta 0.

Regards,
Hugo
mobyone

Post by mobyone »

Sorry if this is a little OT, but I didn't want to start a new thread.

I just bought trackir 5 and that clip-pro thing, should I install the V5 beta2 version or should i go for the V4?

Thanks...
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=mobyone]Sorry if this is a little OT, but I didn't want to start a new thread.

I just bought trackir 5 and that clip-pro thing, should I install the V5 beta2 version or should i go for the V4?

Thanks... [/quote]
Definitely go with 5.0. Beta 02 is really solid, and Beta 03 is on the way with several small changes in place. I think that we're not too far away from 5.0 final, and you'd be missing out on some fantastic software if you don't give the new stuff a try.

-Seth
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack