5.0 beta 2 Z axis jerky

skullxbones

5.0 beta 2 Z axis jerky

Post by skullxbones »

I haven't tried any of the previous 5.0 software versions, just the current beta 2. The default sensitivity for the Z axis barley moves my viewpoint. If I increase the graph points for it so I can move forward and backwards more, I get very jerky movement at the far end of the movement even though my head is still.

It's like the more I move away from the center point, the more sensitive to movement it becomes. The other axis don't seem to be this sensitive at their far end of travel.
johnyhorse

Re: 5.0 beta 2 Z axis jerky

Post by johnyhorse »

i have the same problem I have just received track ir 5 and noticed the data stream for the z axis was extremely noisy all other axis were ok i thought it may be a hardware fault and was worried i would have to return ir5 to the USA as i live in UK
so seeing your post on topic has been a relief to me it must be a software fault i hope?? as i am using the latest beta version like yourself In the meen time i will turn the z axis off I just hope its not a hardware problem.
DarkmanReturns

Post by DarkmanReturns »

Same problem with Z axis (I'm using Track IR 4 with Track Clip Pro). With my head 'still' it is still registering up to .7 cm erratic movement constantly. Every other axis registers no unintended movement.

This makes using 5.0 b2 (same issue with b1) impossible in game at present, though I much prefer the user interface.

Also code needs to be tweaked so you can close to tray, as at present only options are minimise (to Taskbar) and close (exit).

Very encouraging nevertheless and a much needed overhaul.

P
johnyhorse

Post by johnyhorse »

can i use version 4 software with trackir 5
DarkmanReturns

Post by DarkmanReturns »

MrPix

Post by MrPix »

[quote=DarkmanReturns]Also code needs to be tweaked so you can close to tray, as at present only options are minimise (to Taskbar) and close (exit).[/quote]Click on the TrackIR symbol top right... you get a mimimise to system tray option :)
Last edited by MrPix on Thu May 07, 2009 2:31 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: typo
lion737

Post by lion737 »

I can confirm the z axis problem. I am using TrackIR 4. With
software 5 beta2 I have the same movement of the z axis. To get
it steady I need smoothing of 100, what is way too much for all
other axis (where 70 is about right for me).
johnyhorse

Post by johnyhorse »

can anybody confirm that the beta 3 software update has fixed the jerky z axis problem as i would like to use the new interface
Birch

Post by Birch »

The Z axis noise is not addressed in the beta 3 release, but we hope to have that resolved in an upcoming release. Its near the top of our priorities.