TrackIR software 5.0 beta 3 available

wilevs337

Re: TrackIR software 5.0 beta 3 available

Post by wilevs337 »

Now it's working!
I changed nothing at all at the time of driver update, and the reinstall was the same as the original. No idea at all as to the dead camera view, but now running as before. I do have the odd minimize type problem as outlined by the other posts.
Reg check now clear.
The "in cockpit" performance is outstanding.
Great product.
JamesF1

Post by JamesF1 »

Had a peculiar issue today when installing the beta3. After installation, I opened the application... upon doing so, all of my Windows fonts lost (or have significantly reduced) their anti-aliasing. ClearType is still enabled, and even re-enabling it doesn't fix the issue (same with using the ClearType settings wizard). Uninstalling doesn't remedy the issue, either.

Any ideas? Maybe I'm just imagining things, but there was definitely a change when I opened the program for the first time. Just wondering if anyone has experienced the same issue.

Edit: I appear to have reverted the font settings, and the application doesn't appear to be messing with them again. Peculiar problem, though.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

very odd
BernhardS

Post by BernhardS »

At the moment I'm very unhappy with my new TrackIR 5.
I got it some days ago and the TrackIR-software (latest beta) crashed on every start.
When installing the program (without plugging in the TrackIR) the program starts normal. When I leave the program, plug in the TrackIR in USB and start the program, the program crashes at once (fault in trackir5.exe).
I deinstall the software, boot the comp and install it again. I start the program and (withot leaving the program) plug in the TrackIR. Now all is okay, the TrackIR works okay.
Next I stop the program. I start FlighSimulator X and after that I start TrackIR software........it crashes again.
I try that with Ka-50 BlackShark: start BlackShark, start TrackIR software.......it crashes also.

There are no other programs running in the background.

I use XP pro (32bit) in the german version. I used TrackIR3 with the software ver. 4 before without any problems at all.

What to do ????

Bernhard
BMoffa

Post by BMoffa »

I just tried beta B3 in IL-2, using SDOF and other mods. For the most part it is much better then B1. B1 had a problem with wrapping past 180 degrees. The Z access (zoom in and out) is a bit wrtchy and gives a pulsing effect while flying. Maybe a dead zone in the curve will take care of that. The biggest problem I found is TrueView doesn't seem to work. When looking back I gave not latteral movement at all.
Charvel

Post by Charvel »

[quote=BMoffa]I just tried beta B3 in IL-2, using SDOF and other mods. For the most part it is much better then B1. B1 had a problem with wrapping past 180 degrees. The Z access (zoom in and out) is a bit wrtchy and gives a pulsing effect while flying. Maybe a dead zone in the curve will take care of that. The biggest problem I found is TrueView doesn't seem to work. When looking back I gave not latteral movement at all. [/quote]

double-check its enabled in the beta3 software. The 'pulsing' in Z axis is much improved in this version but I haven't received my Tir5 unit yet so I'll let you know when I try it out this week.
Retro-Burn

Post by Retro-Burn »

Could be related to the registry. Try installing the software in a different folder to rewrite the keys.
JohnStoltz

Post by JohnStoltz »

Hi All,

I have TrackIR 4 that I bought a few months ago. Do I need to unistall it first before installing TrackIR 5?

Thanks in advance.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

You can have both applications installed at the same time
JohnStoltz

Post by JohnStoltz »

Thank you for your prompt response!