Using 3 ordered 5 will I notice a difference?

beholder

Using 3 ordered 5 will I notice a difference?

Post by beholder »

I am currently using the TrackIR3 with the vector expantion and I just ordered the new TrackIR5 with the LED headset thingamabob. Will I notice much difference? I hope I do since the somewhat narrow FOV of my TrackIR 3 has me constantly having to always sit upright and not look down too far.

I just want to get reasured that I made a wise choice is all and thanks again.
Seth Steiling

Re: Using 3 ordered 5 will I notice a difference?

Post by Seth Steiling »

The wider field of view, significantly increased resolution, and superior image processing should all have a very noticeable impact on performance compared to TrackIR 3. You've made a wise choice. :)
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Beerkan

Post by Beerkan »

Hi everyone.

New to TrackIR. Well new, as in I just got TrackIR 5 with Track Clip Pro, but been watching TrackIR since version it was @ TrackIR3.

OK, so I don't have experience of TrackIR before V5.0. But I've been very impressed with TrackIR5 s/w package, and it's sensitivity. (V.5.0. Beta3).

I'm running TrackIR on a Q6600 2.4Ghz O/C to 3.32Ghz @ 1680x1050x32 on a 22" LCD.

Little test for any other new "5" users out there. Just run the calibration s/w and try to keep your head still. I mean DEAD still. Notice how TrackIR 5 still see's your head move? I mean millimetre sensitivity.

Sweet!!

Seth, hope you enjoy it. And pass on that older V3.0 to someone else and convert them too..
beholder

Post by beholder »

Awesome, I did notice my trackIR 3 seems to over heat sometimes. When I touch it to adjust its position it wacks out and locks in the down left rear. I hope there is no overheating problem with the 5. I am very satisfied with my 3 and cant wait to get my 5.