TrackIR5 Blind spot !!

danxxx5

TrackIR5 Blind spot !!

Post by danxxx5 »

Hiya all ,
Just purchased the IR5 and it seems to work great ! BUT for some reason i have an annoying blind spot when I lift my head about 15 degrees ( where the gren dots seem to meet and turn red ). I am really hoping that this can be fixed as its very annoying . Im running the latest IR5 software 5.0.220 build(5802). My OS is vista 64bit , i7 920 , GTX295 . Also when it looses the feed to the track clip pro it throws the view way up and to the upper right ..
meditek

Re: TrackIR5 Blind spot !!

Post by meditek »

Daft question but do you have the track clip orientation set correctly? The leds should be vertical. I know because I made the mistake of using them horizontally when I first got it! Also make sure you click Track Clip pro on the software set up screen. The upper and lower green blobs should be vertical along the Y-axis center line with the middle one around the center.

There is no way I can make them go Red with normal head movements.
danxxx5

Post by danxxx5 »

Yes have it set vertical and set to track clip pro with my tracker placed slightly off centre on my monitor about head height . What I am seeing is the bottom green dot coming up to meet the inner green dot and then when the meet !! presto a blind spot . the exact position is up and slightly to "my" left .. it works great down lower but as i raise my head and slightly to the left, without fail , its presents this spot of null connection. I could have a faulty unit perhaps if no one else is getting the same thing .
Thanks for you reply
Barred

Post by Barred »

Hi Dan,
I used to have tracking problems when I had to look up and it got worse as I tracked to upper left and right. I had this problem with both the clip and the active unit.

I managed to solve it by adjusting the camera so that the tracking dots remained in the lower half of the tracking window. I also moved the camera so that it was only about 25cm from the left hand edge.

I hope that this helps.
Alex
meditek

Post by meditek »

[quote=Danxxx5]Yes have it set vertical and set to track clip pro with my tracker placed slightly off centre on my monitor about head height . What I am seeing is the bottom green dot coming up to meet the inner green dot and then when the meet !! presto a blind spot . the exact position is up and slightly to "my" left .. it works great down lower but as i raise my head and slightly to the left, without fail , its presents this spot of null connection. I could have a faulty unit perhaps if no one else is getting the same thing .
Thanks for you reply [/quote]

I have gone through the Kama Sutra position wise to try and reproduce your problem. If you don't wear specs that are reflecting and/or turning the light threshold down doesn't work then I suspect a faulty unit.
Last edited by meditek on Tue May 19, 2009 8:41 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: punctuation
danxxx5

Post by danxxx5 »

I think your right . my unit is also rapidly moving up when I pitch up past -15 to -35 -40 with all green dots still active and unit LED on ? I am currently talking with Tech support at TRackIR
They are trying to help me with the problem ,But many thanks to all for the help . let ya know what happens .

Dan
JvanE

Post by JvanE »

[quote=Danxxx5]slightly off centre on my monitor about head height .[/quote]
This doesn't have anything to do with your problem, but to prevent another problem ;) I'd suggest you'd place the tracker completely at the side where you have your trackclip. So make sure they are aligned straight across each other, face to face.

If you have the clip at the left and the tracker in the middle and you look to the left, you will lose contact quite soon, at least long before you would lose contact at the other side, because your head will block the view. I have the tracker at the complete left of my monitor.