Problem with Armed Assault

garack

Problem with Armed Assault

Post by garack »

Hi,

Got my new TR5 today.

Problem: When i look around in arma the view is so sensitive that the screen is jerking.

when i reset the view angles with hotkey in center it looks good, not jerkey cause theres a deadzone. But when i look around its looks jekrkey again.

I didnt have profiles, cause the game uptader give me none. is there an arma profile for track IR 5 ?
VincentG

Re: Problem with Armed Assault

Post by VincentG »

Currently there is no predefined one.

You could look at using the speed slider to decrease the overall speed settings; or use the advanced options and adjust the individual axis profiles, to decrease the speed.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

The default profile should be pretty optimized for use with ArmA out of the box. Your TrackIR 5 should never be jerky with proper settings (especially out of the box).

If it's just a matter of the tracking being too "fast" for your preferences, like Vincent recommended, you can decrease responsiveness by dropping the speed slider a bit, increasing smoothing slightly, or using the motion curves in the advanced settings.

However, if it's not a matter of being too fast, and you're actually experiencing a lack of stable, smooth tracking, it's likely that something is wrong.

Have you checked the Camera View in the TrackIR software to see if there are any other light sources interfering with tracking?

Have you confirmed that the TrackClip is centered in the camera view?

Are the markers from the TrackClip visible in the Camera view throughout the range of your natural motion?

Do you have the correct clip type selected?

Have you been through the Troubleshooting section of the manual?
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
garack

Post by garack »

yes i have tracking clip pro on headset. its centered. what help is set smoothing to 50. Now it runs great. Thanks for you help!

btw. arma 2 is not in game list, i buy it tommorow. hope it works :)
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

You should also make sure that the TrackIR 5 camera is on the left hand side of the monitor, for optimal performance.

You should run a games list update. I believe that you might find Armed Assault 2 listed there now. ;)

If you continue to play ArmA 1, I'd recommend two mods, both of which have elements that are designed to improve the TrackIR integration:

TrueMods
ACE
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
garack

Post by garack »

Thanks, I have this two mods:)

But i have an other problem:

When i look to the left or right AND zoom in the camera dont zoom it. I use the default profile.

Same problem with Arma 2.

In Track IR software i can zoom in and look left right. no problem. but in arma i cant.

strange is wwhen i look 135 degree left an zoom with my head on monitor the camera in arma zooms a little bit out...when i take my head back ( z axis at -7.0 ) the camera zoom in ...no matter if in 3rd or 1st person.... so its vice versa...zooming in whil looking straight ahead is no problem.

Edit: Can i choose two buttons for "center" cause i need one at mouse and one on joystick ?`
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Currently you can only select on hotkey for centering the TrackIR software.

This could be tied into the True view portion of the software, which we hope to have resolved in the next release of the software
garack

Post by garack »

thanks diable trueview helps.