Track Ir5 problem when panning to the rear in FSX

BernadetteS

Track Ir5 problem when panning to the rear in FSX

Post by BernadetteS »

Hi,

I have just installed track Ir5 pro on my system by downloading and installing version 5.0 beta 3. Everything goes fine in FSX, but for the moment does there seem to be a problem when doing a 180� turn with the camera.

Till know, every time that I did this FSX stopped working due to a fatal error message. So now I try to not do a 180� turn, but of course it's not easy, as it's normal to look also once in a while backwards to see what's coming from the rear and forgetting the problem.

Is this a bug or is this normal?

I don't suppose it to be something normal, and so hope that someone can help me out in solving it.

Bernadette
VincentG

Re: Track Ir5 problem when panning to the rear in FSX

Post by VincentG »

I haven't seen it do that before.

Custom aircraft, or standard FSX aircraft?

SP1/SP2 insstalled for FSX?
BernadetteS

Post by BernadetteS »

Have just uninstalled the beta version and installed the final and latest version 4, but encountered there also the same problem in that FSX frooze.

Eventually the fatal error messagebox became visible.

Or I am doing something wrong in terms of turning my head, or something is wrong with the software in relation to my PC - Vista and FSX.

I love taking pics in FSX, but I noticed that this is quite difficult in relation to how easy it was when using the Saitek X52 Pro joystick.

But I can't accept that TrackIR 5 is meant to just nicely sit in your cockpit when it's also being used for quite extremely intense gaming where you have to quickly see what happens behind you sometimes if you want to have the advantage against your opponent.

My PC is a Dell 9200 with 4 Gb of Ram memory and a nVidia GTX 8 series single 768 Mb Ram graphics card.

So everything should normally be okay I suppose with that.
BernadetteS

Post by BernadetteS »

Hi Vincent,

As I just started using it, only a custom Cessna 182 aircraft of Carenado has been used.

And SP1/SP2 installed.

I also did my flight in DX10 mode.
BernadetteS

Post by BernadetteS »

Think I maybe could have found the problem if so, namely a conflict between TrackIR 5 and the Saitek 52 pro.

For some reason TrackIR is causing the saitek joystick to let it become also a tool to turn the camera with like two heads are turning at the same time. This results in that when I make a turn with the joystick, even a slight one, then the camera angle starts switching to all sides possible sometimes.

This on itself probably causes the computer to go nuts so to speak, as it can't cope with the very rapidly switching of views too quick.

I know I didn't had that problem in the beta version, or I think not, but it's very prevalent in version 4 and don't know how to get rid of it because the saitek normally can't let itself be influenced by the TrackIR tho it seem to have done somehow.

Don't know if this is really causing the problem, but for the moment does it seem the best guess.

I also noticed that when using TrackIR Pro that you don't need to use the Led, and perhaps if used could prevent the saitek to become a second head. Nevertheless if the use of the Led signal can prevent one element, then could the Saitek not in the background still cause the conflict?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

The IR LEds on, or off shouldn't have any effect on talking to FSX at all.

Running any joystick software?

Running Vista?

Tried running both the TrackIR software, and FSX, as an admin?
BernadetteS

Post by BernadetteS »

Well yes with regard to the Joystick, namely the Saitek X52 Pro.

Using Vista Ultimate 32bit

And am running both TrackIR and FSX as an admin.

Personally think that the Saitek could be the problem. Was just able to fly a bit longer than before, but eventually ran into the same fsx freeze with its fatal error message, but with no clue to what caused the error.

Had for the latest longer flight unchecked both IR leds (red and blue) which seem to have resulted in that I could fly with only one head this time, but eventually, like said, bumped into the same problem once again tho that it was now after about 45 minutes instead of just 10 to 15 minutes.
BernadetteS

Post by BernadetteS »

Hoped to have found a solution by visiting a thread in another section of this forum, but alas.

Even the use of the hat clip instead of the headphone clip produces the same fatal error message in FSX.

Hope someone can help me truly out of this problem because I otherwise seem to have wasted an enormous amount of money for something that refuses to work properly, and at least can't for the moment be used with me in FSX wherefore I only have bought it in the first place so that I would have a greater touch of reality when flying in FSX.

I still think a conflict may be the cause, but am at a total loss in what it could be.

P.S. Maybe found at least a possible other culprit than the saitek with regard to the freezing of FSX. So will do a complete overhaul in trying to get it work by first of all getting FSX to work properly once again without TrackIR 5 yet installed, as I found out that it also freezes it completely being uninstalled. Dunno know if it will go away, but you don't know till you've tried it as they say.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

So the software is locking up, when the TrackIR is uninstalled as well?
BernadetteS

Post by BernadetteS »

Yes it did Vincent.

Just did a quick view on a post I put on the Aerosoft forum and saw this reply.

Hi Guys,

We recently experienced some crash problems caused by AI traffic ships in German Airfields 2. The developer is still working on it but it looks like that the problem is something within FSX itself we can�t do much about. Meaning: The more AI files are active, the more likely it is that FSX will crash.
If you experience this problem we advise to deactivate the traffic of German Airfields 2 by going to

FSX\Aerosoft\German Airfields 2\Scenery

looking for files contain ing "traffic" in their name and removing them from this directory (backup recommended).

Bests,
Sascha

So maybe there we have the culprit. Will try to do what's being advised and see what happens, and after that getting to get use to TrackIR 5 hoping that everything will work fine.