Some small issues.

Damocles

Some small issues.

Post by Damocles »

I've had my TrackIR 5 for just over a week, but for some reason I just can't get it to behave properly.

I've been a fan of TrackIR (and NaturalPoint) since it first came out and have had no real issues using the product or software.

For the last few years I have quite happily been using a 3pro with vector expansion and a track clip.

Having upgraded to a 5, using the latest software, re-installed several times, tracking seems to be less than perfectly smooth, it keeps jumping, almost like lag, before catching up with itself again. Most annoyingly though is, and I don't think it is related, are the problems the new software has following my track clip. The device is approx 30" from the clip but struggles to identify the LED's from the background clutter, with one or more points turning from green to red. I would understand better if the camera was picking up noise from the background and occasionally painting it green but it consistently stays red so shouldn't interfere.

I could explain my surroundings, but it's easier to say that in all the time I've used my 3pro, with clip, in exactly the same place and conditions its never had a problem tracking the LED's. Now during the day (Scotland, North facing window opposite) it loses tracking and goes bananas.
VincentG

Re: Some small issues.

Post by VincentG »

So there is stray IR light, that the camera is picking up?

Have you tried adjusting the light filtering threshold, on the camera tab?