Looking down in TIR5

wildone_106

Looking down in TIR5

Post by wildone_106 »

I just got TrackIR5 and the hat clip, boy I am loving this so far. The only problem Im having (and it shows up on the testing screen as well as games) if I look directly down it kinda "flips out" like its having a gimble lock problem? Looking straight up is perfectly fine, but when I look down to about 45, 50 degree's on that axis it starts to turn to the left, or wigs out. Is this normal or is there some way to sort it out? Just a small thing but I don't know how I lived without TrackIR for so long...!

Using 5.0.beta.03
VincentG

Re: Looking down in TIR5

Post by VincentG »

When looking at the camera view, what is the camera seeing, when this occurs?

Is it loosing track of the IR objects?
wildone_106

Post by wildone_106 »

At first it looked like that, but then I adjusted the position of the censor and its still doing this without losing track. I made a a screen recording which might help you identify the problem its 13.8mb here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/240507466/TIR.wmv.html

Let me know if you need any further videos ect

Thanks!
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

In looking at the video, I see a couple of problems:

- The 3 green dots from your TrackClip should be centered in the camera's view ("Camera" window on the top right of the 3D preview screen), but currently they are primarily in the top half. You should tilt your camera back on its hinge until they are in the middle when your head is comfortably centered on your monitor (top dot is above the center horizontal line and bottom two are below).

- Your hat brim looks to be angled too far down, which means that the camera loses sight of the markers too soon. Try tilting your hat/visor so it angles up more.

- Those two issues alone might address this problem, but it also looks like your head is pointing too far down when you press F12 to center your view. If fixes 1 and 2 don't do the trick, try tilting your head up slightly before you recenter.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
wildone_106

Post by wildone_106 »

That definitely helped thanks for troubleshooting with me Im loving this thing..:)