This device can perform faster

Scorpio17523

This device can perform faster

Post by Scorpio17523 »

"This USB device can perform faster if you connect it to a Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port. For a list of available ports, click here."

This is the little pop up message I get every time I plug my new TrackIR 5 and clip pro into my computer... All my USB ports are Hi-Speed 2.0

I've tried all the ports which allow other devices I use to run at 2.0 Hi-Speed, it just seems to be TrackIR. Any one else get this or has had it and fixed it?

Could it just be because I'm using the beta software?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Note:

I can still use the device and everything works, I just believe it would work alot faster, smoother and better if it was running at full speed?
meditek

Re: This device can perform faster

Post by meditek »

I got this too. Are you using Vista? I'm sure it is a false alarm.
Scorpio17523

Post by Scorpio17523 »

Yea I am. Do you still get it if you replug it in? I'm hoping it's a false alarm, lol.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

This is an error that we have seen between the motherboard USB chipset, and the TrackIR hardware. It incorrectly reads the device, and can be ignored.
Scorpio17523

Post by Scorpio17523 »

Ok thank you for this information :)
bumfire

Post by bumfire »

I got that error also when first plugging in my new TIR5 today, the way I got around it is by doing this, install the software first, then plug in your TIR and then the error will appear saying usb 2.0 or faster etc, then a box will popup asking for drivers for the hardware device, just click on automatically find and it will auto install the drivers it needs and you no longer get the hispeed usb warning.