Considering TrackIR 5 Pro-FSX-Front Projector Question

stevehookem

Considering TrackIR 5 Pro-FSX-Front Projector Question

Post by stevehookem »

Hello,

We have a home cockpit that uses a front projector (100" screen) for the outside view. I am considering the TrackIR 5 Pro set for my son's birthday. The videos of this device look very cool!

Question: will this work with a front projected image? Where would I place the receiver? The captain chair is about 8 feet back from the screen. The top of the screen is fairly high above eye level. The cockpit has a main instrument panel that would allow placement directly in front of the seat, slightly below (only a few inches) eye level. This would be the aircraft glareshield area.

Would this set-up work?
Seth Steiling

Re: Considering TrackIR 5 Pro--FSX--Front Projector Questio

Post by Seth Steiling »

It's not ideal to have it below eye level, but it should still be feasible to place a TrackIR on the instrument panel. I would recommend using the TrackClip PRO (headset clip) upgrade in this case, though.

TrackIR works fine with projected images, in general.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
stevehookem

Post by stevehookem »

Can the receiver be placed at eye level but on the side of the screen or must it be centered with the user?
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

If you use the TrackClip (for hat/visor), it will need to be centered. If you use the TrackClip PRO (for headsets), you need to move it to the left side, because that clip type is offset from your head's center.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack