track ir 5 beta 4 using track ir 4 divices and TAW

redbear

track ir 5 beta 4 using track ir 4 divices and TAW

Post by redbear »

i was running beta three and TAW and the problem with no vision beyong 3/9 of the cockpit was gone but with the track ir 5 sofware is back again maybe is something that was wrong with the beta three that makes the software in beta 4 corrected but i would like for you to check. I was thinking that was something wrong with the Dll travk ir file in TAW back it was not there is some rectriction or a back interation in the sofware that block the view upto 3/9.

I am using mostly the modded version out there but the problem is ther with DID total air war game.

My system Win XP SP3 now i am runnig with a SIS onboard video board my NVIDIA got broke and 2 GB ram of couse the tracking device is a track ir 4.

Also i would like to say that the track ir 5 software make better performace of my IR 4 device.

Also is there a problem with the track ir 5 software and EECH ver 1.12 the sofware lock on on loading screen you need to minimize EECH in order to the IR software go to tray and run and sometime it did not trap the track ir control keys. I mean you need to pause and minimize the sofware center and go back it is also happennig with TAW.
madgonzo

Re: track ir 5 beta 4 using track ir 4 divices and TAW

Post by madgonzo »

I concur with redbear's assessment.

It looks like the problem is related to the 180 degree view limitation described in this post.

Since the TAW TrackIR mod is based on the Union Reality code in the original TAW exe, in TIR version 4 this caused an in-game FOV limitation of 90 degrees to either side of the yaw axis. With beta 3 and its removal of the 180 degree TIR limitation, we were able to finally get a full FOV.

What is required for full FOV in TAW is for the TrackIR to extend about 320-325 degrees in the yaw axis. This corresponds to 180 in-game.

Here is a link to a profile I created for TAW using beta 3, so that you may use it for testing:
TAWNormal.xml

Thanks,
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

We're exploring the best way to retain the view limits as default for most users, allow limit editing/customizing for users with unique situations like this, and balance an already full UI. We'd like to get this addressed in a coming release, but integration is not finalized as of yet. Still juggling those issues in the development workflow.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
madgonzo

Post by madgonzo »

Thanks for the quick reply, Seth.

I totally understand the conflicting priorities of software development.

In the meantime, I propose the following intermediate solution:
  1. Have the view limitations (if any) specified as a parameter in the XML file
  2. Default the XML parameter to 180
This takes care of your GUI (you don't need to add anything, and you still take care of most of your users), while allowing those of us with special (gaming) needs :blush: to manually modify the XML file.

Thanks,
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=HomeFries]Thanks for the quick reply, Seth.

I totally understand the conflicting priorities of software development.

In the meantime, I propose the following intermediate solution:
  1. Have the view limitations (if any) specified as a parameter in the XML file
  2. Default the XML parameter to 180
This takes care of your GUI (you don't need to add anything, and you still take care of most of your users), while allowing those of us with special (gaming) needs :blush: to manually modify the XML file.

Thanks, [/quote]
That is actually one of the exact solutions we've been looking at. :)
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
redbear

Post by redbear »

good i was away a liitle bit is good too hear from you two yes ia see that the problem is some kind of 180 limitation but i see that is not a limitation I thinks is the range discrepancy between TAW and the range of TIR. t move all the way to the back in yaw i saw that more than one revolution in the virtual head is needed. also that problem in a minor way is on Janes f18 using the THS 3 mod thebut in this case is on the picht range looks that is not linear.

Any way a solution to manually cahnge the range of the limmits or range could be good for old games like these ones.
madgonzo

Post by madgonzo »

Seth,

Just so you know, the TAW TrackIR mod was patched yesterday, and a hotfix has been made available to TAW 2008 users. The patch allows for full yaw FOV within the 180 degree TIR contraints, so this is no longer an issue for TAW.

I would still love to see a variable FOV in play, but you can take one set of enthusiasts out of the "must have" category.

Thanks for your great support over the long haul (I've been a user since TIR1)!
redbear

Post by redbear »

well is nice to have the TAW problem solve but i would say the same as homefries that an ajustable FOV is needed in the sotfware also there is a minor issue in janes f18 that needs to be solve too. there is some kind of range problem too but in this case i think is because the game is running in a resolution grater than it was desing for and ther is some kind of miss aligment. please if you could reach the guys of THS let them know.

Thanks for your support.
redbear

Post by redbear »

I have tried the software with the THS modded game it is ok no modification to this profile is needed forget about what i say of the TSH janes F 18

Thanks!