Why does a second light come on when I am in a game?

pixelsmack

Why does a second light come on when I am in a game?

Post by pixelsmack »

The second green LED turns on but only when in a game. I mainly play racing games by SimBin.

Also, is there anyway to make it so the movement is more free? There seems to be a rather large deadzone and then when the movement starts it of a negative tension style.
Seth Steiling

Re: Why does a second light come on when I am in a game?

Post by Seth Steiling »

The second green LED turns on but only when in a game. I mainly play racing games by SimBin.
From section 4.3 of the manual:

-Left Green : A clip IS being tracked.
-Right Green : A TrackIR Enhanced Title IS running and has registered with the TrackIR software to receive tracking data.
-Both Green : A clip IS being tracked, and a TrackIR Enhanced Title IS running and has registered with the TrackIR software to receive tracking data.

-Both Orange : TrackIR is paused
-Both Off : A clip is NOT being tracked, and a TrackIR Enhanced Title is NOT running or registered.
Also, is there anyway to make it so the movement is more free? There seems to be a rather large deadzone and then when the movement starts it of a negative tension style.
If you use the Smooth profile, it has a very slight (almost unnoticeable) dead zone. Or, you can create a new profile yourself and remove the dead zone. Any points on the curve graph that have a Y value of 0 create a dead zone. Multiple points side by side at 0 create a large dead zone. Any points greater than 0 and less than 1 will be a sort of "slow down" zone. Not quite a dead zone, but similar.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack