Blue LED?

slingn

Blue LED?

Post by slingn »

The box is checked, but i never see blue LED. I'm playing black shark, and it seems to work fine. It's great in fact, (I upgraded from a 2), but i was just wondering about the blue led? Black shark is an "enhanced" game, right?
Seth Steiling

Re: Blue LED?

Post by Seth Steiling »

It sounds like you are using the 4.x software with TrackIR 5 hardware. The blue LED status light that the 4.x software refers to is used in the TrackIR 4 hardware, but the TrackIR 5 hardware uses a different status scheme:

- Left Green: A clip IS being tracked.
- Right Green: A TrackIR Enhanced Title IS running and has registered with the TrackIR software to receive tracking data.
- Both Green: A clip IS being tracked, and a TrackIR Enhanced Title IS running and has registered with the TrackIR software to receive tracking data.
- Both Orange: TrackIR is paused
- Both Off: A clip is NOT being tracked, and a TrackIR Enhanced Title is NOT running or registered.

So, instead of a Blue LED, you're going to be looking for the Right Green LED to light up when a TrackIR Enhanced game is detected.

Also, on a side note, I'd recommend checking out the new 5.0 software. It's going to give you the most robust experience with your new TrackIR 5 hardware.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
slingn

Re: Blue LED?

Post by slingn »

Thanks, I am using the 4.## software, so I'll try the 5. Like I said, it is working great, so no big deal, even if there are no blue lights :). I'll try the 5.0 software. if it's better, that will be impressive, as the jump for the tir2 to the 5 was a pretty big leap and well worth the cost.

Thanks for your response.

EDIT:

I just talked to my brother in law and he is at my house playing computer games instead of working (as usual). I had him update the softwared to the 5 version, and it functions exactly as you said.

(he also said the new control panel was pretty neat.)

Thanks again