Problem with TrackIR5 software

moist

Problem with TrackIR5 software

Post by moist »

Hi there.

Since I bought my brand new TrackIR5 I couldn't play succesfully using v5 software and I must use v4.

I think the problem is that i'm using the official Naturalpoint cap with the trackclip (not PRO) and the software detects 4 reflect points (3 from trackclip and 1 from the cap) instead of 3 points. I seems to cause erratic behaviour.

I know I can change cap, but I like this one. So, is there any way to deactivate the cap reflect point in order to let the software detects only three??

By the way, using the trackIR4 software all goes perfect. I don't know why.

Thanks a lot!
Barred

Re: Problem with TrackIR5 software

Post by Barred »

The only way you can dissable the reflector on the cap is to put a bit of tape over it.
moist

Post by moist »

[quote=Barred]The only way you can dissable the reflector on the cap is to put a bit of tape over it.
[/quote]

Yep, that's a solution, but I was looking for some "technical" one. I thought that maybe exist in the TrackIR program a way to activate/deactivate the reflectors one by one.

Well, then it's time to put some tape in my cap.

Thanks for the answer.
Barred

Post by Barred »

I am afraid there has never been a way to dissable the cap's return in software.

It is a good idea to keep the reflective areas clean because the camera needs the best return possible. I only mention it as I had not cleaned the reflectors for about a year and was doing my head in trying to find out why my tracking was getting so poor. Cleaning the refectors never entered my mind at the time.

You might want to consider the TrackClip Pro (the active one) they are a little fragile but the difference between the active tracking compaired to the passive is massive and well worth the cost.