Just got me IR5 - installed v4 software - worked

Muhad

Just got me IR5 - installed v4 software - worked

Post by Muhad »

I was really supprised that it worked right out of the box.

The movement is a tiny tiny bit jerky.
I turned up the smoothing to 50%; but it's still there.

Is there a way to get rid of my tiny tiny bit of jerking in FSX?
Should I use IR5 software?

No I don't twitch much, lol.
Seth Steiling

Re: Just got me IR5 - installed v4 software - worked

Post by Seth Steiling »

I would definitely try the 5.0 software first. Try either the Default profile or the Smooth profile for starters. Either should be rock solid with smoothing levels even as low as 1 (though many users prefer at least a level of 5-10 to stabilize unintended head movements). I would personally never recommend a smoothing setting of over 30, because any higher than that and you'll be really sacrificing the precision of the camera--likely unnecessarily.

If you still have jitter issues, it likely indicates that something is askew. The camera resolution should more than suffice to prevent jitter. Some possible problems:

- You have an unwanted reflection/IR light source in the camera's view (window behind you, some reflective surface behind you, etc). This will cause tracking to be disrupted. If you find a persistent red spot on the Camera View other than your TrackClip, it's showing an additional light source being picked up.

- Your camera and/or TrackClip is positioned improperly. You can see this if, when looking at the Camera View, you notice one or more of the three markers fading in/out of view. If, at any time, one of the three markers is lost, the vector algorithm can't properly solve your head location. Try adjusting either the camera placement/tilt or your TrackClip positioning to optimize consistent coverage of the markers in the camera's view, throughout your natural head motion.

- Your TrackIR is underpowered, because it is plugged into a USB hub. Try moving it to plug directly into the PC.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Muhad

Post by Muhad »

Software version 5 is a huge improvment. Jittering all gone.
All I have to do is figure out how to make adjustments.
Default usage is excellent.

But I will have to adjust the sensitivity down a bit.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

You can quickly and broadly decrease sensitivity with the Speed slider. But, it's a global setting that affects all profiles and all axes on each profile.

Tweaking on an individual level happens in the motion curves. Simply, decreasing the Y value of points on a curve will slow down the speed of said curve.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack