Arma 2

pcal2008

Arma 2

Post by pcal2008 »

Just got my new Trackir 5 and trackclip. Fantastic piece of kit. I'm really please with it. However I can't seem to get it working with Arma 2. I changed the controller to trackir, do I have to manually set the axis in Arma 2 to correspond to the axis in Trcakir to get it working - or should Arma 2 just work straight off once you have changed the controller settings?

Thanks.
Nazar

Re: Arma 2

Post by Nazar »

You only must activate Track IR in the controller menue in Arma2.
First Start Track IR, then start Arma2, go to the controller folder and activate Track IR.
At this time Track IR will always work if you start Arma2.
pcal2008

Post by pcal2008 »

I did that - it didn't work!
BigRed

Post by BigRed »

Are you running the TrackIR software in the background? When i play Arma2 I launch the TrackIR software find my most comfortable sitting postion click the 'Center' button then Minimise the window.

Launch Arma2 and enjoy the view. You'd still be able to activate the TrackIR with the software running as Arma2 will notice its USB connection.. without the software running to translate those head movements nothing will happen.

as I understand it anywho.. :-p

J.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

What version of the TrackIR software are you using?

Do you have ArmA2 listed on the available games tab?

What OS are you using?
owensm74

Post by owensm74 »

I am also having this problem. I am using TrackIR 5 with TrackClip PRO, Windows Vista 32 bit. I start TrackIR first, center it, minimize it, start ARMA 2 and the game-side LED on the receiver never lights up. ARMA 2 is listed on the games tab and I have enabled it in the options menu. I downloaded the game through Steam, I don't know if that would make a difference or not.
pcal2008

Post by pcal2008 »

I use Vista 64 Premium and the latest version for TIR5. I have no problems with any other games. Do I have to associate my TIR profile in the TIR software with Arma 2? When I change the controller in Arma 2 for TIR and then look back through the key commands. It still shows x52 pro associated with the view/look commands. The game LED on the TIR still shows up green though(as in the game being connected to TIR).
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Try running both applications as an admin.

Within the ArmA 2 software you are not changing any controllers, just making sure that TrackIR is enabled.(Under Options -> Controls -> Controller, and make sure that TrackIR is enabled)