TIR 5 software, Arma 2, got some minor problems

sparks50

TIR 5 software, Arma 2, got some minor problems

Post by sparks50 »

Hi, Ive started using my TIR 4 pro with TIR 5 software(latest) in Arma 2, and a few things have been hampering my experience. Any help would be great :)

All TIR settings are on default. First of all, when I turn my head a certain number of degrees to the right, the tracking turns all ballistic and my view gets thrown around the screen to a point on top or bottom of the screen.

Im not really sure why it would do this, the camera view shows all the three IR lights fully visible, so it cant be loss of tracking. And even if it should loose tracking, I would much prefeer the screen to be where I left it until new tracking is given, and not at some point where I cant see anything.

Secondary, the TIR 5 software does not seem to save the settings I have made on profiles when I restart the computer, only the name of the profile is saved and the settings resets to default.

-sparks

EDIT: got left and right wrong, do please re-read it:)
VincentG

Re: TIR 5 software, Arma 2, got some minor problems

Post by VincentG »

What version of Windows are you running?

Are you using the TrackClip, or TrackClip Pro?

If using the TrackClip Pro, do you have the TrackIR moved to the left side of your monitor?
sparks50

Post by sparks50 »

TrackClip Pro, Windows XP SP2, and yes I have the tracking unit to the left, to make the dots center in the camera view.
pcal2008

Post by pcal2008 »

There is a button (forgotten which one!- says which one in the manual) which forces the software to load your profile - or you can link your profile to a particular game and it will run when that game is started. I had similar problems when using the vector clip - but am now using track clip pro and don't get the wild fluctuation when it loses track. (i fact it doesn't lose track any more).
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Check box, for exclusively load.